Travel Reservation’s coordinator
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager Reservations you would be responsible to process and coordinate full service travel products at the best value to Canadian Pacific. This position requires a strong customer service individual with a positive, upbeat driven individual with previous Travel agency working experience.
- Answer incoming calls to Crew Travel and booking hotel rooms for Union employees and Crews in a timely and professional manner
- Determine customer needs and then providing the appropriate information and guidance to complete a reservation for them
- Communicate with suppliers to collect and exchange information regarding hotels/airline/car rentals
- Advise the customer of appropriate restrictions, terms and conditions of travel services
- Complete client files, reservation information, payment details and following proper accounting requirements
- Following up on customer inquiries in a timely manner
- May also book, plan, and arrange itineraries for flights, car rentals using Concur or Sabre or through our Travel agency
- Assist in resolving employees' travel problems
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files
- Respond to customer inquiries to ensure complete handling of the caller’s requests
- Prepare correspondence and amendments relating to each individual customer
- Makes suggestions for ways of improving work flows and processes
- Assist with Master Card reconciliation on a weekly basis in preparation for monthly deadline
- On Call duties may be required
- Performs other duties as required.
- University or College Diploma/degree in Travel preferred;
- Good knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS (Sabre) and experience in a call center environment;
- Must be familiar with Excel, Outlook, Shared Drives;
- Exhibit strong computer skills, excellent customer service skills and take action to resolve customer complaints promptly;
- Bilingual (English and French) would be considered an asset;
- Must have strong telephone skills, ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively;
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required;
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as proven self-motivation and interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong ability to cope under pressure and be well organized with strong attention to detail;
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday 6am-2pm (3 week training period 8am-4pm).
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101418
- Department: Procurement
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade:
- Job Available to: Internal & External