Transportation Planner / Engineer
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transportation Planner / Engineer - ( 24000038 )
Smart. Equitable. Resilient. Join our Smart(ER) Mobility team, helping to build the future of mobility. We’re leveraging emerging technologies to create a more equitable and resilient mobility ecosystem.
Our Southwestern Ontario Transportation Team has an opportunity for a Planner or Engineering professional within our Transportation Planning and Smart(ER) Mobility practice. The position is located out of our Waterloo office with the opportunity to support work across a range of major infrastructure projects and emerging technology planning. We work on the interconnection between technology, infrastructure, and transportation which has the potential to enhance communities by supporting economically viable, resilient, and socially equitable transportation networks that prioritize people, goods and partnerships. As we transition to the next generation of mobility our team is setting that path.
Our Southwestern Ontario based Smart(ER) Mobility Transportation team is diverse and works on a wide variety of private and public sector transportation planning projects. Our multi- disciplinary approach requires working with architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, environmental scientist and transportation engineers.
Your Key Responsibilities
You can expect opportunities to work on projects that include:
- Transportation planning and Policy development
- Transit planning and delivery
- Complete streets design
- Multi-modal level of service evaluations
- Public sector policy development
- Active transportation design
- Parking studies
- Traffic impact analysis
This posting is for a permanent full-time position.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Demonstrated experience with GIS
- Demonstrated experience with signage, pavement highway marking
- Familiarity current industry trends in roadways design especially as it relates to Active Transportation and Complete Streets
- Strong organizational skills and understanding how to prioritize
- Some familiarity with project management is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of transportation planning theory with an interest in some of the following themes is helpful:
+ Major infrastructure (e.g. highway) design and construction,
+ Curbside management and parking,
+ Active transportation facilities,
+ Complete Streets,
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel is required
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, AutoCAD/MicroStation (or similar drafting software), ITE trip/parking generation manuals, Synchro and ArcGIS (or similar mapping software) are considered assets
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
Education and Experience
- This opportunity is specifically for either an Urban Planner or Civil Engineer with experience in Transportation Planning, accreditation is not required, but is an asset as the successful applicant will be encouraged to complete the accreditation process for either RPP or P.Eng.5 years Previous transportation planning experience anticipated for the position
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Organization : BC-1650 Transpt-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 17, 2024, 9:29:28 AM
Req ID: 24000038
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans