City : Toronto/Calgary/Vancouver
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Manager on our Converged Supply Chain Operations Team. Reporting to the Manager, Converged Projects & Operations. This role is responsible for the efficient running of transportation for Freedom Mobile & Shaw Retail. This role will collaborate with Courier/Freight and 3PL service providers to enable the delivery commitments to our internal and external customers, while meeting financial and other performance goals.
A typical day
•Define, direct, and manage activities and performance of third-party transportation management providers
•Negotiation of rates and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with freight and courier carriers
•Collaborate with the third-party transportation management providers to define and monitor carrier SLA’s and performance
•Develop and manage carrier base, ensuring sufficient capacity at market-competitive costs, while delivering to SLA’s
•Responsible for the development of annual budgets for transportation
•Ensure annual budgets are delivered, and identify root causes and course correct when deviations occur
•Seek opportunities to reduce transportation costs, without impacting service or quality
•Validate deductions for Non-Compliance and unloading fees relevant to transportation
•Collaborate with Customer Service to drive customer adherence to lead-time policies, and to enable operational efficiencies
•Enable and support the continuous improvement of customer service performance indicators (including on-time delivery, non-compliance, overage, shortages, and damages)
•Develop relationships with key customer logistics contacts
•Partner with Customer Service, Sales and Retail to support Joint Business Planning with internal customers
•Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish short and long-term business objectives
•Lead and support the development of the transportation strategy for the organization
•Enlist third-party providers and internal stakeholders to input into and support the strategy
•Develop and leverage relationships internal subsidiaries, to identify and share best practices
• Minimum 3+ years Supply Chain experience within Telecommunications is preferred
• Post-secondary education with a focus on Business and/or Supply Chain is preferred.
• Minimum 2-5 years of managerial experience in a similar
• Experience in transportation with the CPG industry
• Strong ability to understand technical and IT requirements (EDI and ERP systems) as they relate to Supply Chain
• Negotiations and Strong Analytical Skills
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to Multi-Task in a fast paced environment
• Excellent Communications and presentation skills (Written and Verbal)
• Proven high level degree of financial and problem solving ability required
• Ability to influence change and work with ambiguity
• Proven track of high performance and ability to execute
• Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract law and Vendor Management
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
• Thorough knowledge of advances functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
• Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role has the ability to be based in Toronto (Queens Quay & York St), Calgary (Shaw Court, 6th St SW & 3rd Ave SW or Vancouver (Shaw Tower, W Cordova St & Thurlow St), but will be working from home during the pandemic until able to safely return to the office.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated