Transportation Engineering Technician/Technologist
City : OTTAWA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transportation Engineering Technician/Technologist - ( 220000HN )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
In this position as a Transportation Engineering Technician / Technologist / Designer, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on exciting and challenging multi-disciplinary projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepares construction designs/drawings on small to medium size projects using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Provide modelling, CAD drafting and design assistance for a wide variety of projects, from report stage through design and construction administration.
- Works closely with engineers, project managers and other team members to ensure coordination of design effort.
- Develop alignments, profiles, typical cross-sections, and grading cross-sections.
- Undertake roadside safety design and roadway drainage design
- Prepare technical analysis and design; including cost estimating, quantity calculations, etc.
- Prepare and review detailed design drawings and presentation materials of highways, urban roads, interchanges and intersections.
- Prepare quantities, contract drawings and documents for tender and construction.
- Liaison with all discipline team members, sub-consultants, clients and agencies.
- Adheres to the corporate guidelines and applies them in their work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced proficiency with various design software packages: AutoCAD, Civil3D andor InRoads, AutoTurn,
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Practical knowledge of the MTO, TAC design procedures and standards.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field.
- Combination of education and experience will be consider. Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- OACETT membership or CET / C.Tech designation considered an asset.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1636 Transportation-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 4, 2022, 1:33:52 PM
Req ID: 220000HN
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans