Transportation Engineer – Project Manager
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transportation Engineer - Project Manager - ( 230000T0 )
Come join our Transportation Roadways Team and work alongside others who share your passion to support communities through exciting and unique roadway projects.
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation practice has an immediate requirement for a Project Manager in our Saskatoon or Regina offices. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment and want to be involved in exciting local and regional projects. The successful candidate will work directly with senior project managers and design teams to delivery our current and future projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide project management responsibilities for construction administration of roadway construction including but not limited to grading, surfacing, and culverts.
- Managing project budgets, schedules, and scope.
- Financial management including forecasting, invoicing, change orders, and estimating.
- Provide experienced and skilled engineering and management of various transportation projects from proposal stage through construction.
- Leading and managing construction administration teams for Transportation projects.
- Coordination with client project managers and sub consultants for effective project delivery.
- Completing site visits and audits, supporting on-site staff when required.
- Working with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects.
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
- Coordinate with client project managers and design teams including sub consultants for effective project delivery.
- Work with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects.
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Additional duties may include assisting the transportation leadership with project pursuits and proposal preparation.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Analyze quality results and provide recommendations/adjustments when required.
- Review project work by others.
- Complete project final completion documentation.
- Project stakeholder communication.
- Review designs prior to construction.
- Review quality testing results and provide recommendation/adjustments when necessary.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with geometric design of provincial highways, streets and rural roads, and drainage design.
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, and contract administration on transportation projects.
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways would be considered an asset.
- Prequalification as a Second Level Supervisor with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways would be considered as a strong asset.
- Experience with quality control and assurance testing.
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan transportation markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset.
- Ability to manage projects and teams of different disciplines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and place a high emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Dispute resolution skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Strong understanding of the construction contract, specifications, regulations, and requirements.
- Work Zone Traffic Accommodation and Flagging certificates from Saskatchewan Safety Council would be considered an asset.
- Safety conscious and familiar with construction safety practices.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering/project management and project implementation with experience in construction administration.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan
Organization : BC-1110 Transpt-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 16, 2023, 10:23:03 AM
Req ID: 230000T0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans