Transit & Infrastructure Noise & Vibration Lead
City : ONTARIO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transit & Infrastructure Noise & Vibration Lead - ( 230003ZA )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our Noise, Vibration and Acoustic experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Stantec's Noise, Vibration and Acoustics (NVA)team is currently seeking experienced professionals interested in an exciting opportunity to lead our Transit & Infrastructure Noise and Vibration Service. A technical leadership opportunity is available to join Stantec’s Noise, Vibration and Acoustics (NVA) team based out of Ontario, Canada, and define a subject matter expert role to support our current and future infrastructure and transit projects in Canada and the US.
This permanent opportunity is a hybrid or remote working environment available through our Ontario Environmental business unit. Our general NVA practice specialize in services related to Environmental Noise, Transportation Noise, Building Acoustics, Vibration and Monitoring/Measurements, and an ideal candidate would have experience in these categories, with senior-level subject matter expertise in large-scale infrastructure and transit related projects (e.g. light rail, subway, etc.).
This position would be leading our current large-scale transit and infrastructure projects (multi-billion construction budgets), both in Canada and the US, and support growth into future projects. Current projects include the Metrolinx Ontario Line and Hurontario LRT, Millenium Skyway Extension, as well as the Chicago Transit Authority expansion. This is an exciting opportunity for a key individual to lead these projects as the noise and vibration technical manager and expert for these projects.
Stantec seeks motivated individuals with a minimum 15 years of experience, with a preference for 20 years, specifically with large-scale construction projects in transit and infrastructure related to noise and vibration for construction and operations. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the technical and client/contractor/stakeholder management of complex projects in all areas of our service offering (Environmental Noise, Transportation Noise, Building Acoustics, Vibration and Monitoring/Measurements), with a focus on technical project management and subject matter expert (SME) related to transit and infrastructure project. This position will be supported by our quality technical NVA team with expertise in environmental/construction noise, building acoustics, rail/transit noise analysis and modelling, and construction and rail vibration analysis.
Your Key Responsibilities
As the technical SME for transit and infrastructure project, you will be responsible for:
- Technical delivery of deliverables related to construction and operational noise and vibration:
+ Coordination and technical review of noise and vibration analysis for various elements of the project – construction and operations related
+ Technical presentations to technical advisory, stakeholder and client for noise and vibration
+ Preparation of construction specifications, including environmental noise and vibration obligations, including monitoring
+ Preparation of technical reviews from contractors or stakeholder consultants (e.g. management plans, analysis reports, monitoring reports, etc.)
+ Environmental assessment reports for noise and vibration related to the project
+ Complete Quality Review (QR) and Independent Review (IR) on all deliverables
- Technical review of contractor and stakeholder technical reports related to construction and operational noise and vibration. This may include review of the following:
+ Contractor noise and vibration management plans
+ Contractor mitigation proposals
+ Stakeholder consultant technical report reviews
- Preparing all scopes and budgets related to noise and vibration. This can include:
+ Support for initial RFP/RFQ proposals to win transit/infrastructure projects
+ Preparation of scope changes for noise/vibration analysis, monitoring, etc.
+ Development of equipment procurement requests, including scope and budget
- Subject matter expert of record to the technical delivery team and senior client management for the project. You will be expected to provide technical expertise to these delivery partners on all aspects of noise and vibration for the project.
- Subject matter expert of record to the technical delivery team and senior client management for the project in supporting stakeholder engagement. You will be expected to provide technical expertise to these stakeholders on all aspects of noise and vibration for the project. This will include attendance at stakeholder meetings and providing supporting technical presentations and materials to support the project related to noise and vibration.
- Lead the NVA team in the technical analysis and delivery of modelling and reporting. You will coordinate our NVA team resources to conduct monitoring and measurements, complete technical noise modelling and vibration analysis, and prepare technical memoranda and reports. You will oversee all elements of the NVA team supporting the project and will be responsible for all technical delivery and quality.
- Bring creativity and innovation to our clients. Through experience on previous projects, and an understanding of the latest industry technologies, you will bring innovation and ideas to the project to better serve our transit and infrastructure projects. In addition, innovative ideas that are yet to be developed will supported by Stantec through our Digital Technology & Innovation group, including seed funding to develop these ideas to practical working solutions for our transit and infrastructure noise and vibration projects.
- You will invest and develop a reputation as a thought leader in the transit/infrastructure industry related to noise and vibration. This would include preparation of social marketing (blog posts), technical presentations at industry events, and technical papers in respected acoustics and industry journals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience and understanding of all industry-standard acoustics software (CADNA, SoundPlan, INSUL, Odeon, EASE, CATT, TNM, Stamson, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of industry-standard noise and vibration equipment (sound level meters, vibration meters, acquisition systems)
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team environment and communicating with external clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical teams to meet delivery dates and produce high-quality technical deliverables (reports, memoranda, etc.)
- Working knowledge of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, CAD, etc.)
- Creative, organized, and able to multi-task while working independently
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills
- Diligent and detail oriented with the desire to learn
- Flexibility in scheduling required for travel as required
- A valid driver’s license is required and access to a vehicle
- Willingness for occasional travel, within Canada or internationally
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited university or college with applicable engineering and/or technical degree
- Minimum 15 years of consulting in the field, preferably 20 in all areas of environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, vibration, and monitoring/measurement. The candidate is also expected to have deep specialization in transit/rail and infrastructure projects related to both construction and operational noise and vibration
- Experience in technical leadership and consulting management, with at least 10 years, would be an asset
- Registered or eligible to register as professional engineer would be an asset
Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, education, and prior work experience performance.
Relocation assistance can be considered for applicable candidates based on Stantec’s policies. Remote working opportunities will also be considered for the applicable candidate.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 2, 2023, 5:50:36 AM
Req ID: 230003ZA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans