City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transit Engineer - ( 230001GD )
Our Transportation Team builds better communities through unique and meaningful opportunities that promote and encourage innovation. We are diverse and enthusiastic. We value each other and together we grow our cities, our people, and our business.
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Our Edmonton, Alberta office is seeking a Transit Engineer to support our Transit & Rail team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment, has an in depth understanding of transit systems, can manage complex projects and can effectively train and mentor junior individuals on the team. This role provides the opportunity to work on exciting local, regional, national, and even international projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Manage transit projects through the conceptual, preliminary, detailed design and construction phases
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams and liaise all disciplines to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
- Prepare project workplans, schedules and budgets, and work to meet them
- Interact with clients on a regular basis providing ongoing communication, project updates, and client support
- Lead the development of design plans, technical specifications and quantity/cost estimates
- Coordinate all project disciplines including rail and LRT systems, transportation structures, buildings, roads, utilities, and other specialty areas to ensure interdisciplinary design integration
- Provide technical direction to junior designers/engineers and oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Prepare engineering reports and technical memos
- Provide input and guidance to project designers and CAD leads
- Ensure applicable standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during the project
- Assist with project pursuits, proposal preparation and other marketing and business development activities as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Project is considered an asset
- Past experience on alternative delivery of LRT projects is considered an asset
- OE (Owner’s Engineer) experience is considered an asset
Education and Experience
- Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta or ability to obtain within the next 6 months
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting but may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1136 Transpt-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 29, 2023, 8:09:41 AM
Req ID: 230001GD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans