Transit and Rail Lead – Alberta
City : Lethbridge
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Transit and Rail Lead - Alberta - ( 23000146 )
Our Transportation Team builds better communities through unique and meaningful opportunities that promote and encourage innovation. We are diverse and enthusiastic. We value each other and together we grow our cities, our people, and our business.
We are currently seeking applications for a Transit and Rail Lead who will help us grow our team, support business development, encourage innovation and drive quality and efficiency throughout our business.
The role of Transportation Lead – Transit and Rail will work closely with our Business Center Leadership Team as well as our discipline specific Team Leads. This is an exciting opportunity to bring forward new ideas, grow our team and build on our business center goals of excellence, innovation, and people.
You will be empowered to lead a team of 10 individuals and will ultimately be responsible for the performance and success of our Transit and Rail Team.
This opportunity is ideal for a motivated individual who is a self-starter, passionate about working with people and has a thorough understanding of the Transit and Rail discipline.
This position will report directly to the Business Center Operations Leader for Alberta and will work closely with our Transit and Rail Sector Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with other discipline leads as well as the Business Center Operations Leader and Business Center Practice Leader
- Build on current momentum and experience so we continue to be seen as experts in the field
- Build on award winning project experience to develop an unrivaled team. Look for and pursue growth opportunities in line with business objectives
- Assist with the development and implementation of quality management practices
- Proactively look for ways to improve design delivery, quality, and efficiency
- Responsible for workforce planning and project resourcing
- Make recommendations to Business Center leadership for training, staff development and software requirements based on industry trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Successfully lead new project pursuits to maintain an adequate back log of work for your team
- Oversee your team’s utilization of Pipeline, Stantec’s internal sales software program
- Play a key role in supporting/ leading strategic pursuits within Alberta and Western Canada
- Support the annual Business Planning process for the Transportation team in Alberta as well as the Transit and Rail sector
- Support additional marketing and business development efforts as needed
- Recruit talent, grow team members and support succession planning
- Lead and supervise a team of engineers, project managers and technical staff to ensure projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Facilitate goal setting, coaching, and performance review with each of your team members
- Stay abreast of industry trends, standards and thought leadership
- Promote our strong safety culture, ensure this is at the forefront of our business and lead by example
- Actively communicate with your team and be a conduit of information between Business Center Leadership, Senior Leadership, and the organization
- Ensure corporate and Business Center requirements are met including mandatory training, safety requirements and professional development
- Ensure professional requirements from regulatory bodies such as a APEGA are consistently followed
- Achieve individual KPIs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Business development and marketing skills would be an asset
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor, and develop a team
- Collaborative, works well in a team environment and engages in creative and critical thought
- Comfortable leading a team and supporting individuals’ professional development and career growth
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates leadership, sound business principles, excellent communication, and strong people skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer or equivalent. Must be licensed in the Province of Alberta or have the ability to become licensed in the next 6 months
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting but will require some field work and travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Organization : BC-1136 Transpt-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2023, 11:22:44 AM
Req ID: 23000146
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans