LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 29342
Why you should join us:
Suncor’s Transformation Management Office (TMO) has been appointed the accountability to lead the multi-year transformational work commissioned within Suncor 4.0. Within the TMO’s Program Management team, this role is responsible to lead all aspects of overall program scheduling, budget, scope, roadmap development and ownership, stream integration and lead support through project management resources and capabilities. You will make valuable contributions to Suncor by recognizing problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent and evaluate alternatives and solutions using a detailed, multi-step approach. You will collaborate for innovative ways to optimize implementation and anticipate and manage possible risks which could have significant impact on the successful execution.
You will use your expertise to:
- Coordinate and actively participate in the execution of the corporate transformation strategy to prepare Suncor for the next phase of the corporate evolution by introducing new technology and changing the way we work through leadership and cultural changes
- Coach during scope development and monitor execution of ground-breaking strategies and priorities
- Develop and manage the end-to-end program plan including milestones, deliverables, schedule, critical path items, and interdependencies to execute the program effectively
- Build integrated project execution plans (e.g. schedules, budgets, resource, risk and change management plans); assess project management tools and methods and standard methodologies for execution
- Select, adapt and implement program and project management processes, procedures and controls to meet overall size and complexity; steward the execution of the program
- Align TMO Stream program/project managers, council’s and Business Units & Functions (BU/FU) to meet objectives (i.e. budget, timelines, scope)
- Develop management strategies and, with other TMO leaders, promote learning across business units and functions for execution
- Monitor the effectiveness of the integrated teams and stakeholder relationships while framing opportunities and risks across the program to guide to teams during execution
- Recommend and support resourcing remedial action and problem resolution including developing scenarios and decision criteria for alternatives
- Interact with program sponsors, stream leads and executive-level leaders to manage complex program decisions; influence prioritization of program initiatives to overall transformational program priorities
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Experience with transformative business-lead programs, and ten years of experience leading teams focused on project development or project management for corporate-wide initiatives
- Program/project management experience leading complex, multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects to deliver long-term benefits
- Experience with technology driven business transformation projects in a matrix corporate culture, and technology deployments within operating organizations and leading change
- Experience managing third party service providers in a project/program environment
- A University degree
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- A professional certification
- An understanding of Suncor’s strategic technology objectives and initiatives, as well as our business model including operational excellence
- Knowledge of ADEM principles
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- This is a dynamic, deadline sensitive environment, with pressure to define work, plan, and execute to meet deadlines, budgets and transformational roadmap targets
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are typically a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with additional hours worked based on the business needs
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals