City : GUELPH, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
If you are passionate about managing a complex trading operation at scale and are excited about the opportunity to support our Advisor team in delivering a world class investment management experience to our clients, then you should definitely read on!
The Elinesky Schuett Private Wealth Management team of RBC Dominion Securities (Elinesky Schuett) is one the largest and fastest growing advisor teams in the country and our mission is to be the premier wealth service provider to high net worth individuals in the region by delivering a world class investment management, wealth management, and client service experience.
To continue delivering a world class investment management experience, Elinesky Schuett is currently seeking a dynamic Trading Associate to help take our trading operations to the next level. The role works closely with Associates and Investment Advisors to efficiently plan, execute, monitor, and manage the portfolio and scaled investment strategy for our clients. This role is instrumental in building out and monitoring portfolio models, executing bulk and FX trades, managing portfolio risk and compliance diagnostics, and proactively working with our team to efficiently navigate regular and irregular liquidity needs for our clients.
What will you do?
Deliver world class investment management at scale
- Leverage the power of the Private Investment Management (PIM) platform to build portfolio models, efficiently allocate securities using our proprietary target allocation calculator, and execute bulk trades at scale
Be the champion of portfolio risk management
- Take extreme ownership over monitoring and resolving risk alerts driven from client Investment Policy Statement (IPS) constraints and PIM Investment Management Guidelines to ensure our client portfolios are 100% compliant and never blocked from executing trades
Efficiently manage portfolio cash
- Analytically review, master, and build a plan to efficiently cover recurring client cash obligations without creating significant drag on portfolio returns
Be the master of revenue reporting
- Use your analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail to review, summarize, and report on quarterly and monthly fee billing and trailer revenue transactions for financial planning and analysis
Scale trading operations
- Be the champion for the trading process, related technologies and/or best practices, and take extreme ownership over improving them and keeping the team
What do you need to succeed?
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH)
- 5+ years of securities industry and/or portfolio management experience
- Proactive thinker that can easily work through competing and/or changing priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable working independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability and experience with bulk trading and portfolio modelling
- Specific experience with RBC Dominion Securities and its software products (ClientLink, TradeLink, TAC dashboard, PIM Risk Dashboard, IPS Toolkit, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in video conferencing and messenger service applications (Slack, WebEx Teams, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to work with large datasets
What’s in it for you?
Elinesky Schuett attributes its growth and the success of its service offering on its people. We strive to attract and retain exceptional individuals by nurturing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that is well-resourced, experienced, and engaged for career growth and personal development without compromising on competitive compensation, life-work balance, and service impact beyond the business. While working on our mission, some of the benefits our team members enjoy are:
- Competitive base salary and variable performance bonuses
- Comprehensive health benefits, matching employee savings programs, and participation in the RBC Pension program
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Competitive team and office perks including strong vacation, personal, sick, and flex day policies
- Hybrid work environment with vibrant office culture: WFH Fridays and additional flexibility as needed to accommodate life as things come up.
- Fun team events and social activities
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.