Track Evaluation Supervisor
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3C 3N3
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Supervisor Track Evaluation will be responsible for the safe operation of a Geometry Inspection Vehicle. These vehicles operate across the entire Canadian Pacific Kansas City (CPKC) network to ensure that all Transport Canada, FRA and company annual testing requirements are met.
- Responsible for daily contact with the Local Roadmaster and/or Director Track & Structures regarding the TEC schedule and ways to uphold the TEC on schedule
- Responsible for daily operation of track geometry vehicle and on-board equipment
- Validate / Interpret Geometry Defects and relay information to Local Roadmaster and/or Director Track & Structures
- Perform / Arrangement for maintenance of track geometry vehicle and on-board equipment. Calibrate on-board equipment
- Provide Project and Budget technical support to the Manager. Monitors all charges and expenses related to the TEC operation
- Perform periodic quality inspection reviews of the TEC output measures to ensure the quality and reliability of the data
- Monitor and control testing through the year to ensure quality information is generated to guide the track maintenance efforts and assist in setting priorities for the Track Maintenance Planning group
- Monitor trends in repeat track geometry defects, follows up with reports
- Arrange for the production and distribution of Geometry reports
- Required to be on call on a regular basis outside of normal business hours and workdays
- Prior Track Maintenance Experience such as Supervisor Track Inspection, Extra Gang Forman, or Post-secondary education in electronics / engineering
- 5 years of railway experience in Engineering Services
- Must have Canadian passport with ability to travel cross border to U.S, OR a US Passport with the ability to travel cross border to Canada
- Must have valid Class 3 license with Air Endorsement or Equivalent
- Experience in Data analysis and the ability to draw conclusions and communicate results, Prior exposure to Geometry Brush Charts (ARIES, GEOEdit)
- Bi-lingual (French/English) is an asset
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol, and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required. This includes candidates participating in the Trainee Program who will also be required to pass a drug test during the training process before receiving final qualification for the position.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver’s License Verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Req ID: 102069
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Montreal , Quebec
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 90-100%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade:
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 03/31/2024