City : ST. JOHN'S
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Topographic Surveyor - ( 220002ZL )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
As a Topographic Surveyor you will plan the execution of topographic survey projects. Conduct topographic surveys using survey tools such as RTK GPS, rod and level, laser level, laser scanning, and/or total station. Record all measurements and other data, verify quality of data, produce field notes, and drawings. The successful candidate will work on an as-required basis.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establishing Site control
- Completing topographic surveys
- Preparing field notes
- Survey planning including cost estimates
- Using survey data to create topographic drawings
- Assist with developing Traffic Control Plans
- Completing surveys with a laser scanner
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of local survey coordinate systems and datums
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team
- Requires advanced knowledge of surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Demonstrates software skills in survey processing software
- Working knowledge of relevant technical software including AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations
- Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry
Education and Experience
Diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering Technology. Minimum of 7 years of experience
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Job : Survey Technician
Organization : BC-1634 Water-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 31, 2022, 5:49:32 AM
Req ID: 220002ZL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans