Tools and Equipment Manager
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This role entails management of Tools, Rental Equipment and Rental Equipment Maintenance for the Project site. The incumbent will oversee tools and rental equipment provided by JFJV for self-perform scopes of work. They will also manage a program ensuring subcontractor equipment meets requirements to mobilize to the Project site and review all subcontractor maintenance plans and activities. Also responsible for day-to-day field supervision, preparation of work plans, supervision of subcontractors and daily reporting and permitting of onsite activities.
Supports the Heavy Haul and Equipment Manager as directed.
• Accountable for all JFJV rental equipment and assets required for construction / maintenance on the project.
• Manage the Light vehicle fleet and maintenance program.
• Manage wash bay system as a part of the light vehicle maintenance program to ensure proper and timely cleaning for continuous maintenance.
• Mange subcontractor equipment mobilization process
• Responsible for writing, reviewing and updating policy and procedures as needed during the life of the project.
• Liaise with JFJV subcontractors regarding sub-contractual terms and conditions.
• Also manage supervisors and craft for mobile and stationary rental equipment maintenance for the entire project scope.
• Maintains a personal standard of Client Service excellence promoting integrity, consistency, Fluor core values, diversity, and fairness for all employees, subcontractors, vendors, and project participants.
• Manages and executes assigned projects in accordance with the requirements of the contract among the company, Client, and company’s operating policies and principles.
• Executes the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project.
• Ensure effective use of JFJV provided rental equipment, coordinate accurate tracking and timely on & off-rent
• Manage program providing common cranes for use by JFJV and subcontractors to ensure efficient use of resources
• Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned & performed.
• Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
• Manages and controls project cost, schedule, and minimizes all Non-reimbursable costs.
• Participates in business development activities and promotes a professional and business-like relationship with the Client.
• Implements management of construction planning, and cost control systems consistent with the requirements of the contract and the company’s policies.
• Implements, manages and maintains an effective labor relations program to ensure labor harmony and that work proceeds without disruption.
• Manages the overall coordination and performance of all Site Wide Service activities relating to Equipment & Maintenance and implements corrective action when necessary.
• Advises management regarding developments that could affect project profit, schedule, costs, client relations, and interdepartmental or inter-divisional relations.
• Identifies and evaluates items that constitute an increase or decrease in schedule or costs and reviewing and initiating deviation notices and change orders, as required.
• Provides input for the weekly “Flash Reports” for the project to keep Sr. JFJV management informed of construction progress and the status of costs and schedule.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.