City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Tireperson. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Mount and demount heavy industrial tires
- Repair of industrial tires
- Perform tire assessments
- Use tire mounting machineries
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- Qualified Tireperson
- Tire Industry Association Certification (Off The Road/Earthmover Training)
- Experience working on heavy mobile equipment
- Experience working with mining equipment is an asset
- Proficient in repair and installation of tires for heavy and industrial equipment
- Knowledge on how to operate tire mounting machinery and equipment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.