Tier 2 Application Support 1
City : Mississauga, ON
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Symcor
Symcor enables secure data exchanges and supporting business processes, to help clients succeed in an evolving digital world. Trusted by Canada's largest institutions for over 25 years to support their digital transformations, Symcor aligns industry participants to solve common challenges in the most effective and efficient way.
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
This role is a full time role requiring the candidate to be able to work on Saturday and Sunday and 2 to 3 days during the week.
Provides tier 2 technical support to investigate and resolve, in a timely manner, routine incidents in all environments (e.g., testing, production) related to Symcor applications within area of expertise (e.g., 3-5 business services within 1 line of business). Ensures service availability to meet business requirements and client commitments as described within MSA agreements including those that have significant urgency or potential financial impact to Symcor. Escalates unresolved issues or issues that require application changes to other levels of support, Development, Infrastructure, or vendors as required.
If you have experience supporting, investigating, and resolving tier 2 issues for internal company applications then consider applying for this role!
This is a mostly remote role and are classifying it as truly hybrid with no mandatory days in office. We request the ability to travel to site for your first day, company meetings or team events.
About The Role:
• Following the Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) process, resolve routine incidents related to areas of expertise to ensure Service Level Agreements and targets are met within established resolution timeframes.
• Receive incidents from Help Desk, monitoring tools and incident queues, additionally, receive pages for high severity incidents.
• Prioritize incidents based on severity, business impact and MSA SLA.
• Diagnose Incidents through review of applications and system logs.
• Research solutions in knowledge repositories, product documentation and industry sources.
• Escalate to and collaborate with more senior Level 2 support, Infrastructure Support and Level 3 support (development) on unresolved, new or complex incidents or when application changes are required.
• Create and update/maintain technical documentation to capture the key steps for resolving routine incident records resolved to standardize routine incident resolution. Submit articles related to incident remediation/resolution for approval.
• Under direction of more senior support members, execute disaster recovery steps as required to restore application services to reduce impact to Symcor and client during disaster scenarios.
• Maintain basic familiarity with DR documentation annually.
• Recommend improvements to DR documentation.
• Under direction of senior application support staff, execute DR failover based on documented steps.
• As required, troubleshooting failures and unexpected situations during failover. For high impact and recurring incidents in which they were involved, participate in the identification of root cause and development of key steps to minimize impact or permanently remediate these incidents based on enterprise problem management processes. Contribute to the development of action items for inclusion in the problem management plan.
• Collect details of incident including troubleshooting steps, remediation steps, application and systems logs to aid in discovering root cause.
• Record probable root cause if known or discovered during incident investigations.
• Perform maintenance tasks to ensure healthy system performance related to applications to ensure healthy system performance and reduce/mitigate/prevent future incidents as required.
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks and standard operating procedures based on published checklist.
• Update checklists with record of completion for tasks.
• Escalate failed tasks to Application Support 2 & 3.
What You Need To Succeed:
• Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
• 2+ years of related technical experience in large and complex information processing environments.
• Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
• Knowledge of formal problem-solving methodologies.
• Understanding of infrastructure components (Virtualization, Operating Systems, networks, storage);
• Understanding of Systems and Software;
• Basic Programming and Scripting knowledge;
• Understanding of relational databases;
• Vendor Applications.
What’s In It For You
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program that includes a competitive compensation package, flexible benefits and time away options, retirement and savings plans and a commitment to your overall health and well-being through our myWell-being program.
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Opportunities to do challenging work and progressively take on greater accountabilities for growth.
• We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.
Symcor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates.