Third Party IT Risk Advisor (GCS)
City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Joining the Third Party IT Risk Team (TPITR) as Senior Manager, IT Risk, you will serve as a subject matter expert and will identify, collect and maintain the necessary data to represent cyber security postures of RBC’s third party suppliers.
This role is specific to supporting RBC’s growing US subsidiary, City National Bank (CNB), as well as augment the capabilities of the current Toronto, Canada based team. This role is anchored within the Third Party IT Risk Oversight team and supports monitoring and reporting on the security posture of RBC’s third party providers throughout the lifespan of their relationship with RBC’s CNB Suppliers. The mandate covers leveraging new technologies to enhance our third party IT risk due diligences capabilities, as well as maintaining communications on how different areas of the banks are managing their Cyber Risk profiles based on the existing technologies used.
What will you do?
Supporting the TPITR team, this role will establish and develop:
- A trusted partnership with other GCS teams, GRM (2nd Line) and RBC Lines of Business with a focus on City National Bank
- Strong knowledge of third party threat intelligence landscape and their ongoing evolution.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices as it relates to Third Party IT Risk due diligence process, including SRMA and RFP processes.
- The role is expected to be in a position to provide trusted advice and raise awareness on situations of third party cyber security risk.
- Build and communicate weekly based on asks from the business, and formal monthly meetings, with the CNB VMO as well as any RBC SMO communities, communications that articulate key trends, issues, and actions required by GCS to ensure RBC’s Risks, from a technical perspective, are mitigated across Third Party Suppliers.
- Additionally, the role will assist in the operation of the Continuous Monitoring program
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree coupled with change management experience in complex programs with high frequency of requests and multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Skilled in IT Risk / Cyber Security Risk Identification and assessments through either/or work experience and formal accreditations.
- A strong understanding of enterprise application deployment methods and infrastructure technology management specific to financial services industry.
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience in a matrix environment, such as a large, publicly-traded corporation
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
- CRISC/CISSP/GIAC/ISC Certification(s)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Job SkillsConfidentiality, Cyber Security Management, Decision Making, Detail-Oriented, Encryption Software, High Impact Communication, Information Security Management, Information Technology Security, Problem Solving
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.