Therapist Mental Health and Addiction, Eating Disorder Program
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Therapist, Mental Health & Addiction, Eating Disorders Program, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assume a therapeutic role in the motivation, counselling, supervision and instruction of patients in treatment interventions
- Facilitate and co-facilitate psycho-educational, experiential and process groups
- Provide the opportunity for skills development in a safe context to experience new behaviours
- Document treatment and ongoing progress on patient, according to discipline, program and Hospital standards
- Support individual skills development to promote integration
- Provide client-centered treatment and recovery-oriented support to clients
- In collaboration with the client and other stakeholders, develop individualized client treatment and recovery plans
What we’re looking for:
- Regulated Health Professional with current membership/registration with professional discipline by college – Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Addictions Counsellor; eg. College of Registered Psychotherapists
- Experience with, and knowledge of, the following:
- trauma and addictions populations
- working within multiple frameworks and theoretical models of practice
program development and delivery, working with individuals with complex mental health issues
- mindfulness and wellness training
- Knowledge of program population complexities and relevant legislation
- Assessment of group dynamics and facilitation skills for group therapy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers, families and community agencies within an integrated trans-disciplinary approach
- Skill and competencies to quickly establish supportive, trusting relationships
Familiarity with, and preferably training in, third wave therapies such as CBT, DBT, prolonged exposure and CPT
- Ability to work successfully both independently and within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision making; experience an asset
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- CPR Certification is required
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, Health Care Consent Act
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.