Therapist, Mental Health and Addiction, Comprehensive Psychiatric Care and Assessment & Stabilzation Unit
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Therapist, Mental Health & Addiction in our Comprehensive Psychiatric Care Program, & Assessment & Stabilization Unit you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers, providing a combination of treatment planning, clinical case coordination and direct service through both individual and group work for individuals struggling with complex mental health and/or addiction. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work: Master schedule with evenings and weekends per schedule
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate, initiate and may conduct assessments to help guide treatment planning
- Provide case management services including service planning, coordination, navigation and evaluation of progress
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy utilizing evidence-informed practices including CBT, DBT and interpersonal group therapy, addressing comorbid conditions and providing family therapy to address interpersonal stressors
- Offer individual and group support to family members and lead group counseling and education sessions.
- Work in close collaboration with the Physicians and clinical team to monitor the patient experience, reviewing progress, creating and adjusting treatment plans, and liaising with referral sources
- Take responsibility to develop and implement discharge planning and referral to appropriate community resources
- Identify discharge needs based on the comprehensive patient assessment and care plan
- Provide service and team leadership by establishing treatment goals and working with the patient and other team members to develop action steps to meet these goals
- Act as a communication lead between the patient, the team and program, both internally and externally, ensuring communication of a critical nature takes place
- Complete documentation and record-keeping as per Homewood Health Centre and governing College policies
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a recognized Social Science program with addiction specific education
- Must be a member in good standing with the relevant regulatory college/governing body in Ontario or in pursuit of relevant credential, OCSWSSW, COTO, CNO, or registration as a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists
- Competent in the provision of CBT, DBT and other evidence based approaches for the treatment of complex mental health conditions and substance use disorder
- Demonstrated skills and experience in assessment and treatment, using evidence-based practice
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision making; experience an asset
- Ability to facilitate and lead an interdisciplinary team, orchestrating team resources
- Individual and group counselling skills including the ability to present psycho-education to large groups
- Capacity to deliver inclusive and culturally responsive approaches
- Knowledge of addiction and concurrent issues along a continuum of care
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, Health Care Consent Act
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why Work With Us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.