Therapist, Mental Health & Addiction, Integrated Mood & Anxiety Program and Eating Disorder Program
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Therapist supporting both the Integrated Mood & Anxiety and Eating Disorders Programs, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and patients, providing a treatment planning, clinical case coordination and direct service through both individual and group work. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assume a therapeutic role in the motivation, counselling, supervision and instruction of patients in treatment interventions
- Facilitate and co-facilitate psycho-educational, experiential and process groups
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy utilizing evidence-informed practices including Motivational Interviewing, Stage-Matched Intervention, Trauma-Informed approaches, Brief Solution-focused Therapy, CBT and DBT informed approaches, including CPT and other evidence-based practices where applicable
- Provide the opportunity for skills development in a safe context to experience new behaviours
- In collaboration with the client, Physicians and other stakeholders, develop individualized client treatment and recovery plans
- Document treatment and ongoing patient progress, according to discipline, program and Hospital standards
- Provide client-centered treatment and recovery-oriented support to clients
- Identify discharge needs based on comprehensive patient assessment and care plan, implement discharge planning and make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Act as a communication lead for the patient, team and program, internally and externally, ensuring communication of a critical nature takes place
What we’re looking for:
- Must be a member in good standing with the relevant regulatory college/governing body in Ontario or in pursuit of relevant credential, OCSWSSW, COTO, CNO, or registration as a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists
- Experience with, and knowledge of, the following:
- trauma and addictions populations
- working within multiple frameworks and theoretical models of practice
program development and delivery
- working with individuals with complex mental health and concurrent issues
- mindfulness and wellness training
- Addiction specific education
- Assessment of group dynamics and facilitation skills for group therapy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers, families and community agencies within an integrated trans-disciplinary approach
- Skill and competencies to quickly establish supportive, trusting relationships
- Familiarity with, and preferably training in, therapies such as CBT, DBT, prolonged exposure and CPT
- Ability to work successfully both independently and within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Capacity to deliver inclusive and culturally responsive approaches
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and assessment skills
- CPR Certification is required
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, Health Care Consent Act
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision making; experience an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.