Theatre Manager – Cineplex Junxion, Kildonan Place
City : Winnipeg
Category : Full-time Management
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Are you passionate about movies and gaming? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™.
Right now, Cineplex is looking for a dynamic Theatre Manager to manage our Cineplex Junxion, Kildonan Place, 1555 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MB, R2C 4J2.
Continuing its legacy as a leader in entertainment innovation, later this year Cineplex will open Junxion, a first-of-its-kind concept that is a movie theatre, entertainment complex and dining destination – all in one place. Offering immersive and shared experiences for movie-lovers and entertainment-seekers alike, Junxion will be the complete night out for guests of all ages, including teens, millennials, their friends and families.
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about offering our guests an all-in-one entertainment experience that includes movies, dining, amusement games and attractions. We are seeking a highly motivated professionals, and skilled Leaders for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance, don’t wait APPLY TODAY.
The key responsibilities for a Theater Manager are:
- Lead and manage a dedicated team of employees.
- Manage the guest experience - ensure each and every guest who visits your facility is satisfied and is excited about their next visit.
- Manage your theatre budget and grow revenue.
- Forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as Canada’s # 1 premier film exhibition company.
- Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for career growth and opportunities
What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- Demonstrate the strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills required to lead a theatre.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and food service activities.
- Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset.
- Aware of health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations that apply to the theatre operations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities.
- Any previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please