Test Lead/Test Specialist – Automation – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is our third largest one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
Testing Service Area in Application Management Services supports Functional and Non-Functional testing for our clients in Canada. We are seeking Technical Tester - Automation to contribute to our client engagements in one or more of the following roles: The right candidate will be responsible to assist in planning, preparing and primarily support automation of testing. This includes knowledge of tools and their implementation for a project. The use of automation tools is for test data creation and maintenance, test execution, and other options.
The suitable candidates will have relevant experience of 3-5 years in the IT testing environment and as an automation tester.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical and/or automation testing processes and methodologies.
- Strong overall QA and Testing Knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in API.
- Strong knowledge in SOAP
- Should possess deep expertise of Mobile Automation Testing best-practices and commonly used IT testing methodologies.
- Strong demonstrated experience in using HP QTP/UFT for Mobile application automation testing or any other automation tools.
- Provide strategic direction to ensure that the project is supporting the client's vision, goals and objectives.
- Strong experience developing positive and effective relationships at all levels including business, management, and team members
- Be well versed in the structures, processes, and procedures to assist in project delivery.
- Understand the practical application of metrics to help to report on the health and progress of the Project.
- Well versed with Industry standards, testing certifications and drives efforts to bring project into conformance with such standards, facilitates the development, implementation and adherence of testing department standards.
- In-depth software quality assurance experience including demonstrated team work in successfully complex and multi-faceted testing projects.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to effectively lead meetings, facilitate solutions, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation. Detail oriented multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5+ years of hands on test automation experience with HP UFT, XML, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Parasoft SOA, VB Scripting, QuerySurge,HP ALM and Jira
- Experience in distributed automated tests in physical, virtual test lab
- Experience in designing a custom automation framework based on test automation requirements and technology
- Experience in building solution accelerators for testing
- Experience working in an onshore/offshore model
- Experience with Management of mid-sized automation programs
- Very good English Communication Skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Experience with managing and reporting to client stakeholders
- Experience in creating effort estimation and calculating
- Must be eligible for reliability clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8+ years of hands on test automation experience with HP UFT, XML, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Parasoft SOA, VB Scripting, QuerySurge,HP ALM and Jira
- Domain experience ideally in financial, banking, retail and oil and gas domains
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.