Test Automation Developer CO-OP/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Applied R&D
Employer : Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
Cloud and Network Services
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
The team you will be a part of
We are looking for co-op/intern Software Developer to join our new, dynamic team of talented professionals to create an innovative, industry-leading, automated security SaaS offering Cybersecurity Dome (Automated Defense Center), and to define the automated procedures for immediate response to Emergencies or for detection and response to Mobile network infrastructure attacks.
Position: Test Automation Developer Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 Months
Date: Jan 8th to Apr 26th, 2024
Location: Flexible (Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada or Virtual in Canada)
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Developing automated tests of REST APIs and GUI.
- Isolating, duplicating, and resolving problems.
- Setup and debug of the test environment and equipment.
- Providing input into the verification test planning, test configurations, technical problem solution and reporting of progress during the verification cycle.
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for a Bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Strong ability to learn new concepts and technology
- Interest in test automation development or development in general
- Experience troubleshooting software issues in a Linux environment
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience with testing/using REST APIs, Robot Framework
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to realwork situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.