City : Edmonton, AB
Category : Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Please note: We work in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate will be working in the Edmonton office with a mixture of on and off-site work based on the parameters for our operations to meet the needs of our donors, our staff and our communities.
Job category: Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Job posting ID: 4579
Employment status: Regular full-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 1.0
Classification: CUPE 1846
Salary/Rate of pay: $31.77
Application deadline: 2023-06-02
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
In this role you will be responsible for prospecting, developing and maintaining positive community and corporate relationships to achieve donor base growth targets via new and reinstated donors and to support achievement of collection targets. You will also be responsible for the effective management and interaction with partners in the territory and for ensuring effective integration between Recruitment and Collections operations. You will work in partnership with other Territory Managers and Volunteer Coordinators to achieve a shared goal of meeting new, reinstated and donor base metrics resulting in consistent collections targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops a detailed tactical territory management plan for the territory, in accordance with the regional product recruitment plans developed by the Demand Planning organization to meet donor base and attendance targets.
- Closely liaises with stakeholders from the region to define event requirements and to ensure that events are executed efficiently and effectively to maintain satisfaction of community / corporate partners.
- Identifies and leads the development of new strategic community/corporate partnerships in the territory to meet annual targets for partnership development.
- Management and Development:
- Manages all accounts within assigned territories by analyzing performance to ensure effectiveness and efficiency and address opportunities for improvement. Identifies and promotes improvement to existing community/corporate partnerships to ensure first-rate delivery of programs and customer satisfaction.
- Performance Management and Measurement:
- Tracks and monitors performance against recruitment targets, event results and partner metrics.
- Issue Identification and Management: Identifies, addresses, tracks and /or escalates any issues related to recruitment operations in the field.
- Alignment with Corporate Health and Safety policies:
- Performs work in accordance with the provisions of CBS’ Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and ensures that employees are aware of and comply with all Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures on-going monitoring and reporting of all occupational health and safety issues in the workplace.
- A university degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Management sales, account management or corporate development (5 years).
- In-depth knowledge of the communities within the territory.
- Development of detailed sales plans.
- Knowledge of the latest trends, developments and practices in partnership management.
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers is essential.
- Ability to apply account management and sales techniques.
- Proven effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to meet goals and performance indicators with strong organizing, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability and initiative to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with diverse cultures, multi-disciplinary (different levels) groups and handle sensitive issues with diplomacy.
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work evenings and weekend work, as required.
- Starting wage: $31.77.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan.
- Defined benefits pension plan.
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.