Territory Manager, Vaccines – Brampton/Owen Sound
City : Canada Posting Location 10
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Jan 20 2023
Territory Manager, Vaccines
Are you seeking an outstanding opportunity to join a talented and diverse team of professionals who are trusted and empowered to take on account management? Are you adept at making important business decisions, taking smart risks, and putting into practice your business mindset and entrepreneurial spirit?
GSK Canada’s Vaccines team is growing and evolving as we work to commercialize our broad portfolio of existing vaccines and ensure a strong foundation to deliver on the potential of our robust vaccines pipeline! See the below new opportunity and join our exciting, expanding and world leading Vaccines sales division!
We believe if infectious diseases are going to be ruthless, we need to be relentless. The primary responsibility of this role is to help deliver on our purpose to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together and to help protect Canadian adults against infectious diseases with our broad and growing portfolio of vaccines including our potential solution against Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
Details (Your Responsibilities):
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Apply a business owner mindset by developing and executing territory business plans for our promoted vaccines to achieve/surpass sales objectives in the Vaccines Division and allocate budget and resources (internal and external) to create customer value.
- Thoroughly understand GSK products, strategies, positioning and POA as well as those of key competitors.
- Understand how diverse patients and health care professionals navigate the health care system and use these insights in the dialogue with the customer.
- Plan and implement robust sales calls with appropriate health care professionals. Ask insightful questions to uncover customer needs, gaps, challenges, and opportunities for growth and strategically use resources/tools to support product knowledge and engagements with customers to elicit growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to partner with the health care community in increasing education and awareness of disease state and understanding challenges/barriers and offering support to overcome.
- Collaborate cross functionally (internal and external) to align on goals and priorities and to hold each function accountable for their part in strategy/plan and achieving results.
- You work in a diverse environment collaboratively with others and develop effective relationships to create new ideas together to get the best results. You contribute to a great working environment by bringing energy and commitment.
- Learn, adapt quickly to new ways of working and identify opportunities for development.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years minimum experience in sales (within or outside pharma industry)
- Valid driver's license*
- Ability to travel domestically as per the requirements of the position (overnight stay & national/regional meeting)
- Digitally savvy. Experienced and comfortable in utilization of MS Office applications (Ex. Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) and agility to quickly learn new programs
- Highly developed verbal and written conversational communication skills.
- Ability to practice active listening and ask insightful questions to direct conversation towards call objectives.
- Have a resilient and agile mindset to constantly adapt to new changes/challenges in the environment, develop solutions, strategize the best response plan, and then lead and execute to plan.
*This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- High sense of initiative and have a business owner/business development mindset with a strong drive towards continuous growth.
- Selling excellence and someone who seeks continuous improvement and professional growth to apply in customer engagements and drive performance.
- Strong negotiating skills with customer-centric approach
- Demonstrated ability to interpret scientific research studies and transform scientific information into meaningful insights
- Highly motivated and strong competitive spirit. Willing to take smart risks and explore innovative opportunities to understand your business and competition to develop strategies.
- Ability to tailor and customize strategies and plans (omnichannel) specific to your customers’ needs/gaps and challenges.
- Strong analytical skills to gather information and insights from many sources, interpret and understand your business in order to drive strategic planning.
- Ability to implement and execute strategic business plans with accountability to manage your sales business and reassess/adjust plans as needed.
By 2031, we aim to deliver more than £33 billion in annual sales – a step-change in performance and growth which will significantly increase the positive impact we can have on the health of billions of patients around the world. And we’re confident in our future.
Since 2017, we’ve delivered 13 major approvals and more than doubled the number of potential new vaccines and medicines in Phase 3 and registration to 23. Our pipeline of 21 vaccines and 43 medicines includes many with potential to be first or best-in-class opportunities for patients.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude, our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
GSK’s portfolio spans three product areas: vaccines, specialty and general medicines and our focus is to deliver better and faster for patients globally. We’re prioritising investment in vaccines and specialty medicines, which we expect to grow to around three quarters of our business in the next five years.
Our unrivalled vaccine portfolio targets infectious diseases at every stage of life, helping to reduce the burden of disease for hundreds of millions of people. GSK has exceptional capabilities in vaccine science and technologies, including adjuvant/protein and mRNA.
In specialty medicines, we are at the forefront of HIV prevention and treatment, and we are building our presence in key therapeutic areas such as oncology and immuno-inflammation.
General medicines include our inhaled medicines for asthma and COPD, antibiotics and medicines for skin diseases.
Every day, GSK medicines and vaccines protect and improve health, making life better for millions of people all over the world.
Find out more:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.