Territory Manager – Southwest Ontario
City : Southwest Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
This role is a key business partner between Home Hardware Stores Limited and our Dealer-Owners, where you will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of Home Hardware in your territory.
If you have strong experience within the Home Improvement and Hardware industry, we would love to hear from you!
*Please note this role requires extensive weekly travel throughout Southwest Ontario (Sarnia, Windsor, Chatham), and we have preference for someone who is based within this area.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and strengthen the Dealer-Owner relationship with HHSL by leveraging a portfolio of retail knowledge, skills, expertise, and corporate insight. Promote, educate, and acquire Dealer-Owner adoption of HHSL’s corporate programs, systems, and services.
- Partner with Dealer-Owners to implement category management and align Dealers to achieve corporate objectives including store branding, in-store merchandising standards, and customer centric best practices.
- Implement a playbook of retail actions utilizing key reporting such as financial data, POS data, and program participation reports by pre-planning informative and impactful store visits with Dealer-Owners, highlighting strengths and opportunities for retail excellence.
- Regularly monitor sales to achieve and exceed required area goals, targets, and corporate objectives.
- Facilitate structured Dealer-Owner peer and performance team meetings designed to foster teamwork, build trust, collaboration and to share key insights and best practices.
- Responsible for the on-boarding of new shareholders and for the on-going development of existing Dealer-Owners in your area.
- Grow and maintain market share by driving Dealer expansions, relocations, banner conversions and proactively managing succession planning. In partnership with Dealer Development, open new Greenfield locations in markets where there is opportunity.
- Improve personal performance by participating in various training and development activities, program roll-out events, peer collaboration and performance management.
- College diploma or degree in Sales or Marketing.
- Five to ten years’ experience in retail management, within the Home Improvement industry.
- Solid understanding of the retail industry, retail business operations and concepts. Home improvement background is considered a definite asset.
- Ability to analyze data and financial reporting to identify opportunities for growth/improvement within a business unit.
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to create strong partnerships.
- The ability to influence business decisions and build strong relationships.
- Ability to facilitate on-going productive Dealer meetings inspiring innovation, collaboration and sharing best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software, including Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.