Temporary General Maintenance Worker – Snow Clearing
City : Kitimat
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
Position: Temporary General Maintenance Technician - Snow Clearing
Schedule: 14/7 Fly in / Fly Out
Location: Kitimat, BC
**Position is temporary - October 2023 through March 2024.
- Shift Work/Nightshift.
- Primary duties include snow clearing, shoveling, grounds keeping work.
- Perform general maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, minor carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, or installations, or vehicle servicing.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, bathroom fans, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
- In the event of an emergency, he/she may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
- May be required to assist with special events.
- May drive a cart or other vehicle.
- Skid steer/loader/telehandler or other equipment operator experience required.
- Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
- May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices, as necessary.
- May order replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
- May be required to inventory equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- Maintains professionalism and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Must have 1 year experience as an equipment operator, skid steer, telehandler, loader, etc.
- Must have 1 year experience with commercial facility snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
- Proven experience with hand and power tools.
- Proven experience in basic maintenance tasks such as wall repairs, painting, door repairs and adjustments.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related experience.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Will work in both indoor and outdoor environments, in varying weather conditions.
- Approximately 20,000 steps a day.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs