TechPubs Writer IP Routing Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be a part of
Network Infrastructure: The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Our students collaborate with a team of experienced technical writers to create and maintain customer documentation for our IP Routing software products. Gain real-world mentorship by working alongside us, plus hands-on experience as a team member. We use industry-leading publishing software to create and publish our content. Students who work with us write real content published for real customers.
Position: TechPubs Writer IP Routing Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 - 8 months
Date: January 8 to April 26 or August 30, 2024
Location: Flexible (Hybrid in Ottawa or remote in Canada)
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Plan, research, write, and edit software configuration documentation for Nokia products. Develop schedules and plans for separate features under general guidance, as required.
- Gather data internally from technical staff through emails, interviews, and lab tours, and work with product line management (PLM), R&D, and testers to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of technical publications to coincide with product release.
- Participate in fixing documentation errors raised internally and externally.
- Assist with documentation publishing tasks to support release deadlines, including quickly resolving content and format errors and providing final proofing checks.
- Follow corporate style guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel for publications, working to improve documentation content and appearance continuously.
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills, quality-minded and detail-oriented
- A quick learner and self-starter mindset; able to work individually on a feature level in coordination with the needs and actions of a larger team
It would be nice if you also had:
- Good organizational skills
- Desire to work with new hardware and software
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op/Internship: During your placement, you can test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.