Technology Service Delivery Manager
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182461
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
The Service Delivery Manager - GWRT Group has end-to-end accountability for the delivery of a set of highly available, consistent, appropriate, and responsive and quality operational services across the IT solutions deployed. The Service Manager is charged with operational readiness of the technology solutions deployed and supported.
The Service Delivery Manager mandate is to manage the deployment of IT solutions that is supportable within the framework of established Scotiabank practices: Information Security, ITIL and Regulatory. Provide operational and management support for New York/US based IT services: 3rd Party connectivity, Business Continuity.
Projects being managed must adhere to Corporate Enterprise Delivery Framework and published Governance standards.
Using effective relationship management techniques, the candidate is responsible for engaging internal and external resources towards deployment and support of IT solutions that support Scotiabank US business.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute defined Projects and Service Delivery initiatives for Technology Infrastructure area in adherence to established Scotiabank Governance process, values, Code Of Conduct and all applicable regulatory obligations: all while ensuring timely delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Identifying Technology Infrastructure Service gaps, risks, inefficiency and build sponsorship and accountability to remediate the aforementioned.
- Provide support for scheduled and unscheduled External and Internal Audit exercises as they cover purview of Technology Infrastructure projects, Initiatives, and environments.
- Provide management and coordination activities for addressing identified Cyber Security gaps for Technology services under purview
- Partner with Global Technology Support team to provide proper Business coordination and ensure non-disruptive and effective deployment of Enterprise wide Technology solutions.
- Work with local Technology support teams to assist where necessary; coordination and management of initiatives that will require working with multiple Technology disciplines over extended period of time.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. OR equivalent work experience.
- Should have at least 6-10 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- Broad technology knowledge and leadership (existing systems and new technologies)
- Process knowledge (ITIL/scheduling/budgeting/risk management)
- Project Management
- Facilitation, written, communication and presentation skills
- Recognized internally as a change leader
- Proven experience leading cross divisional change projects
- A proven track record building relationships with senior IT&S management.
- Maintaining currency in technology software/firmware
- The candidate should have an understanding of COBIT principles and best practices for Data Security.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.