Technology Sales Lead – Federal Government – Canada
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A Technology Portfolio Seller within IBM works as part of a team to support client transformation, adoption and consumption of IBM's hybrid cloud, data, and AI solutions. With deep knowledge of a specific industry and sufficient technical skills, you'll translate customers' requirements into cross-product portfolio architecture and deliver effective messaging in the context of use-cases and critical, technology decision points.
With executive-level presence you'll strategically advise clients across business and technological matters. You'll co-create across customer and IBM teams to prove the value of IBM's products, service and people through demos, proof of concepts (POCs) and minimal viable products (MVPs).
Excellent onboarding will set you up for positive impact, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always connected to a wider team, you'll be surrounded by other leaders and colleagues. People who are always willing to help and be helped compel clients to continually invest across IBM's suite of solutions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a world-class, resourceful sales leader you'll integrate and lead a network of multi-skilled sales teams across IBM, 3rd party seller Partners, and customers. Coordinating unique, experiential sales engagements, you'll establish deep levels of trust that lead to increases in share-of-spend among clients' IT investment decision makers.
Championing an entrepreneurial, growth-mindset, you'll coordinate the delivery of value by embodying client-centricity, applying industry expertise, and leveraging technology skills that drive accelerated value and success for clients.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and your clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Leading all aspects of your customer relationship and establishing IBM as a trusted partner, across IBM's entire technology portfolio, to drive strategic innovation and results – for IBM and your clients.
- Combining contemporary cloud, data, AI, automation, security and /or storage skills with industry expertise and an understanding of your client's business to influence strategy, deliver value and accelerate client success.
- Leading an extended IBM, client and /or seller Partner team through the end-to-end sales process and progressing opportunities to closure.
- Collaborating with other sales Leaders and customer contacts to frame the opportunities and business value in order to prioritise co-creation sales engagements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable, deep expertise about your given sector e.g., Financial Services, Healthcare or Manufacturing etc.
- Veteran-level track record of success in complex technology sales and account relationship/development environments.
- Solid credibility and confidence around cloud, data & AI, automation, security, and storage technologies, in addition to experience with contemporary methods for co-creating client solutions.
- Palpable people, communication, and collaboration skills, with a proven record or executive-level networking and influencing throughout the successful closure of complex technology sales cycles. (c. $250k - $multi-million deals).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of working with any of IBM's products and services (Training across IBM's product suite is provided)
About Business UnitBeing a Technology Portfolio Seller in IBM is about expertise applied with and through others, with proactive initiative, controlled speed, and positive impact. Moving fast, there is a bias for action, and an obsession to ensure your teams help our clients overcome their most difficult business issues.
In a world where technology moves at speed, it's essential that we stay ahead of the curve to provide tailored solutions from across IBM's whole product suite, that meet our clients' needs. It's not enough for us to know that there are problems in the world – As a Technology Portfolio Sellers we're obligated to make sure they're continually solved. It's an obsession that drives us to ensure your teams help their clients modernize and thrive. Always.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.