Technology Sales: Full-time Opportunities for MBA Graduates, Canada
City : Greater Toronto
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Every year, we welcome Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Account Technologist provides technology guidance to clients and orchestrates the interaction between clients and Microsoft resources to drive new opportunities, demand generation, digital transformation, and the mapping of industry/business scenarios to Microsoft solutions. Drives conversations with clients to present the strategic value of Microsoft solutions and acts as a trusted technology advisor both internally and externally with technical and/or business decision-makers.
- Generates business insights based on knowledge of the customer's technology landscape, feedback from the customer, and internal teams (e.g., community, ecosystem, account team), and from knowledge of the capability of Microsoft products, to provide input into planning processes. Adapts plans based on insights, under guidance.
- Provides analysis of overall customer needs, outcomes, and potential blockers, and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions, validating with the broader team.
- Ensures execution of technology strategy and/or digital transformation by identifying and resolving technical blockers that arise during strategy planning and implementation and driving technology adoption.
- Identifies customer issues, creates demand, and identifies opportunities to uncover new solutions. Identifies and qualifies a set number of opportunities for product sales, solution sales, or consumption.
- Creates stakeholder maps for accounts, and determines and orchestrates a coverage plan. Builds the bridge between customer business requirements and technology. Maps technical customer requirements and business scenarios to Microsoft technology platforms.
- Influences technology virtual-teams to use the right technical architecture for the customer, utilizing the best of Microsoft and partners to adopt our solution areas.
- Currently pursuing or have completed Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Passion for technology and working with customers
- Strong balance of both business and technical skills
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Technical consulting, technical consultative selling, business consulting, practice building, or related technical/sales experience
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.