Technician, Enterprise Tax
City : Kelowna
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Working with the Tax Managers and Partners, the successful candidate will provide compliance-related tax services. You will be responsible for a variety of technical, administrative, and support functions, including working with the partner in charge and senior management to provide compliance related tax services to our many clients.
What you will do
- Prepare working paper files
- Prepare income tax returns for personal and corporate clients
- Compilations of financial statements
- Corporate and personal tax planning
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules
- Follow-up on notices of assessments and reassessments and other matters with the tax authorities
- Provide support to team members in related tasks
- Tax research
What you bring to the role
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn
- Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients' businesses
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a public accounting firm, combined with T2 and T1 preparation
- Excellent computer skills – Excel experience is required
- Strong accounting background
- Strong analytical skills
- Accounting or Business diploma or degree
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.