Technical Writer, Proposals
City : North Bay
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Technical Writer, Proposals - ( 22000420 )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Canadian Mining, Mineral and Metals team is seeking an experienced Technical Writer with at least four years of writing and/or technical reporting experience in preparing or supporting client proposals and business development pursuits. You will be working in collaboration with business developers, business development coordinators, and proposal managers and will be reporting to the Regional Sector Lead.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Through teamwork and collaboration with our diverse team of professionals you will support the positioning of Stantec as a trusted strategic partner through consistent delivery of clear, concise, and quality proposals.
- Support the preparation of proposals and other marketing endeavors to develop winning proposals and grow Stantec’s partnership with clients.
- Provide formatting assistance and quality assurance/quality control for final products to ensure technical accuracy, Stantec standards compliance, and high-quality deliverables.
- Support project coordination functions by preparing meeting summaries and conducting research as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to succeed as a consultant in collaborative problem solving with teammates, clients, and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to distill highly technical information into plain language for the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
Education and Experience
- Minimum four years related experience in the mining industry, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Must be proficient in Adobe software.
- At least two years of experience working in Mining, Mineral, and Metals is preferred.
Closing Date: Please apply by end of day December 4, 2022
Typical office environment includes working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Work From Home Authorizations are currently in place, with the option for long-term remote work or in-person office work available.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2023, 12:43:22 PM
Req ID: 22000420
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans