Technical Training and Change Manager
City : Dartmouth
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
TECHNICAL TRAINING AND CHANGE MANAGER
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Technical Training and Change Manager.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact email@example.com.
- Education: University Degree in Education, Training, or related Social Science
- Experience: Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in a Training Role in Technology, Defence/Manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 5+ years in a Training leadership role.
- Experience in leading large scale, complex Training and Business Change Projects
- Influencing Senior business stakeholders and customer is essential.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Providing effective leadership and management for the people side of the Information technology business transformation to support ship design and manufacturing at Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
- Oversee the delivery of Training and Change Management activates covering technical and operational aspects for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation.
- Manage, lead power-user, end-user training for DND, ISI, Fleet way for the following Business Capability areas – Design Tool, Product Lifecycle Management, Material Requirements Planning, Cable Routing and Nesting Tool.
- Oversee development of training programs and/or the utilization of vendor training programs, to meet ISI’s goals and objectives.
- Review training outlines and determine teaching methods, specific to effectiveness of training methods based on technical environments and security constraints.
- Schedule, plan and undertake and assign Training and Change activities in support of program milestones.
- Evaluates effectiveness of Training and Change programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and change methodologies.
- Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer, and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with IDE Project Managers on cost, quality, schedule. Ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget.
- Supporting a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm, and a proactive nature within the CSC Program.
- Leverage a change management methodology, process, and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by the IDE.
- Provide direct support to Business Leaders in helping them to fulfill their role as Change Sponsors.
- Analyze identified risk mitigation plans and tactics to manage anticipated resistance to the adoption of new IDE tools and processes.
- Monitor and report on the production of surveys, temperature checks, assessments, analysis of results and socialization of outcomes with the Business.
- Assess viability of training aids, training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and online tutorials.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if eligible)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.