Technical Support Professional Intern (May 2024 – 16 months)
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 month work term commencing in May 2024. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
As an integral part of the IBM's hybrid cloud strategy, the IBM Sterling Supply Chain team is seeking highly skilled and motivated Technical Support Engineer to help our enterprise clients through implementation, deployment and usage of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings.
This role specializes in providing remote technical support for the IBM Sterling SaaS applications hosted on the IBM Cloud, partnering with clients as they adopt our IBM Supply Chain solutions to orchestrate complex order and inventory fulfillment networks.
- Provide remote technical support to enterprise-level customers to resolve complex issues with implementation, deployment, operations and performance
- Recreate client environments and simulate problems to help isolate root cause, and validate potential solutions
- Apply knowledge of IBM Cloud infrastructure and operations through hands on usage of emerging technologies and platforms including Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration
- Utilize technical and negotiation skills to collaborate closely across a broad cross-functional community including DevOps, Engineering , Offering Management teams to triage issues, and to deliver quality, scalability, and serviceability into our offerings.
- Respond, triage, and mitigate application-level monitoring on production environments, while driving continuous improvement into alerting, and runbooks to deliver a proactive model for SaaS Support
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing, deploying, debugging of Java / J2EE applications
- Database administration skills and an understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Unix/Linux/Windows system administration skills
- Proven oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize under pressure
- Interest to be in a client-facing role, working with leading edge technology and commercial Supply Chain and e-Commerce vendors
- Must be eligible to work 16 months starting in May 2024
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity cloud-native technologies including Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration, NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or CouchDB
- Familiarity with other programming models and open standards including AngularJS, RESTful APIs, Java Messaging Service (JMS), XML, Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Understanding of Agile Development principles and practices
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program
About Business UnitIBM Software infuses core business operations with intelligence—from machine learning to generative AI—to help make organizations more responsive, productive, and resilient. IBM Software helps clients put AI into action now to create real value with trust, speed, and confidence across digital labor, IT automation, application modernization, security, and sustainability. Critical to this is the ability to make use of all data, because AI is only as good as the data that fuels it. In most organizations data is spread across multiple clouds, on premises, in private datacenters, and at the edge. IBM’s AI and data platform scales and accelerates the impact of AI with trusted data, and provides leading capabilities to train, tune and deploy AI across business. IBM’s hybrid cloud platform is one of the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—a flexible foundation for leveraging data, wherever it resides, to extend AI deep into a business.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.