Technical Support: Full-time Opportunities for University Graduates, Canada
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into the roles listed below invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Technical Support Engineering
Provides technical support to customers, partners, field engineers, and other product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Works with customers to review and resolve issues. Performs troubleshooting and related analyses; escalates issues as appropriate or serves as the escalation point for highly complex issues. Collaborates on cross-team issues and provides feedback to improve products, resolve bugs, and automate processes.
- Analyzes problems and develops solutions to meet customer needs using log analysis and other proprietary tools.
- Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve moderately complex customer issues.
- Attends readiness trainings and non-technical trainings to ensure that they become proficient in support topics.
- Identifies potential defects and escalates to more senior engineers to resolve.
- Uses automated tools to deliver solutions for a wide range of issues. Provides feedback on how to improve automated tools.
- Attends case triage meetings and/or case discussions to collaborate and share ideas to resolve problems.
- Currently pursuing or have completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field.
- Demonstrated self-learner, seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, and builds customer/partner relationships.
- Technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Technology Certifications.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.