A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Analyst, Technical Services The Opportunity:
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Analyst in Technical Services team plays a critical role in building a solid IS infrastructure for company’s digital future. Analyst will work with different IS team members and plant staff to deliver projects and support IT infrastructure. This position offers opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and enhance your career with exposure to Cloud, iOT, Virtualization, Servers, Storage, Microsoft Technologies and plant systems.
An ideal candidate is a self-motivator with strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for technology. A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Configure and support Microsoft Server Systems.
- Interact with plant and provide required infrastructure support for manufacturing automation technologies.
- Coordinating the deployment and lifecycle of thin clients with VMWare and Microsoft backend technologies.
- Participate in IS and Plant projects and represent Infrastructure team
- Participate in on-call rotation to support critical issues.
- Support and administer Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud environment.
- Support O365 and Microsoft Skype For Business infrastructure.
- Manage and support VMWare virtualized environment with guidance from Subject matter expert.
- Travel to plants across Canada and the US to perform site surveys and understand the Business requirements to provide technical recommendations for projects and break/fix.
- Documenting technical issues, solutions and support information and develop Standard Operating Procedure(SOP)
- Project leadership as needed (Planning, Executing, stakeholder management and reporting)
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Post-Secondary Education in a related area, e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis or equivalent
- Experience in leading and participating in Technical project deployments
- Technical Support Experience in Enterprise IT environment.
- Enthusiastic to learn new technologies.
- Flexible to Travel on short base notice.
- Experience with Microsoft Servers and knowledge of Server hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco Networking (Routing, Switching and WiFi)
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 connectivity
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure, AWS and Google)
- Willingness to travel within Canada and US for short term visits and support.
- Knowledge of VMWare Virtual Desktops is an asset
- Working in team environments that span functional and geographic boundaries
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, including documenting configuration and support information
- Strong customer service focus and attention to detail
- Experience with Manufacturing and CPG environments is a plus
- Experience with Merger and Acquisition projects is a plus
- Knowledge of MES systems is an advantage
- Bi-Lingual English/French is an advantage
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.