Technical Sales Representative
City : Saint John
Category : Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
We are currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join our Sales Team within the Pulp & Paper Division of J.D. Irving.
The Technical Sales Representative is a member of the Sales Team with Irving Forest Services department, reporting to Grant McDonald – Director Technical Sales & Service. The Technical Sales Representative acts as a liaison between Irving Paper and their Customers and Printers. In this role, they would be working on-site at printers for a large percentage of their time. Printers are located predominantly in the United States with additional locations in Continental Europe.
This position offers a hybrid work location including work from home, travel within the United States and Internationally between 50-70% and periodic in person meetings in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Provide Technical support at Business Development trials
- Coordinate Irving Paper Product Development trials
- Provide support to our customers in respect to any problems or concerns and resolve issues in the field as required.
- Monitor customer pressroom performance and print quality, as well as review weekly and monthly customer pressroom data.
- Review and process Paper Quality and Transit Claims
- Daily contact with key customer accounts
- A minimum 2 year post-secondary (A Bachelor's Degree would be an asset)
- 5+ years of relevant experience, experience in a printing environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time as required to fulfill operational requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Analytical and detail oriented with a high level of commitment and self-motivation.
- Strong communication skills
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today’s consumer markets. We are exceeding Paris Climate Accord Targets and, through our forest products supply chain, absorbing more carbon than we emit.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience including vacation
- A flexible health, drug, dental and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Discounts and Perks
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Career growth and progression opportunities within Pulp & Paper Division and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Forest Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.