Our Engineering Services team is seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) with recent experience in Software Development and in cross-functional project management, particularly as it pertains to product release management. At BlackBerry QNX, TPMs will show their technical skills by: assembling and re-flashing custom hardware; reproducing issues; collecting logs; debugging; sanity testing fixes and features; etc. TPMs will show their management skills by: planning software releases; responding quickly to customer requests; collecting and documenting requirements from customers; coming to agreements on deliver content and schedules; managing the day-to-day project progression; etc. Candidates must have recent software development experience, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market, to direct, manage, and coordinate the delivery and implementation of major or complex projects within cost, schedule and contract limitations while ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Works with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven flexibility in management style is a requirement.
- Plans and ensures optimum use of shared resources; administers and monitors use against budget.
- Directs the compilation of required data, including budget, time constraints, contracts & technical data.
- Develops detailed schedules for major or complex projects, detailing all activities required for successful completion.
- Accountable for and mitigating risk factors to successful completion of major or complex projects.
- Arranges the distribution of work packages to the responsible function within the company and/or external contractors ensuring awareness of and commitment to project requirements.
- Ability to write or contribute to the writing of new contracts for external contractors is an asset.
- Monitors progress throughout the project cycle, ensuring cost and time constraints are met and acting to ensure problem resolution, as necessary.
- Interfaces with software developers, group leaders, contractors and others outside the company to obtain or provide program, technical and progress data.
- Interfaces with most internal departments including Finance, Marketing and Sales
- Interfaces externally with Engineering Services customers and contractors
Required Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 4 - 6 years (minimum) experience in technical program/project management OR 4-6 years (minimum) experience as a software developer with extensive experience in C, C++, Java, or other equivalents and with direct customer facing interaction.
- 1 - 2 years technical supervisory experience with people or projects.
- Knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems.
- Skills in project planning and management, decision making, problem solving.
- Knowledge of applicable programmatic/technical procedures and specifications; awareness of program contractual processes.
- Skills in effective leadership, innovation, analysis and communications.
- Experience with software implementation project management, planning and deployments in an AGILE environment.
- Experience with managing multiple concurrent projects with different time frames.
- Recent software development experience, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Experience managing commercial implementation projects in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Any direct experience with QNX.
- Direct experience with implementing a software development organizations’ compliance to 2 of the 7 following quality-related standards:
- ISO 9001
- IEC 61508
- IEC 62304
- SPICE ISO/IEC 15504
- Common Criteria ISO 15408
- ISO 26262
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: