Technical Product Manager, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5J1A7
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184920
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Technical Product Manager within Scotia Digital Engineering, your primary responsibility is for planning and adoption of the Technology products. This includes managing the technology product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver technology products that enable success for digital solutions. Leveraging your ability to understand and articulate technology trends and needs for modern applications at Scotia Digital and Scotiabank, you will work with Digital Product Managers, Business Operations, Engineering, Technology Operations, and business technology solutions teams to create effective technology products.
The focus of this Technical Product Manager role will be our internal Customer Authentication platform.
The Technology Product Management team within Scotia Digital Engineering, is responsible for technology products that can be broadly reused across Scotia Digital and Scotiabank. Technology Products are digital platforms, services and frameworks, that provide solution teams with the capabilities they need to deliver digital solutions for Scotiabank’s business products. These technology products include a modern Cloud and DevOps platform, along with digital capabilities in the domains of API, Events, Customer Authentication, Customer Notification, and Content Management.
Is this role right for you?
Engage with engineering and architecture teams across Scotia Digital and Scotiabank to gather and prioritize product features
Research and maintain expert knowledge on your technology product, how an internally focused capabilities operate like a product in other large enterprises, and product offerings that would help to inform buy, build, partner decisioning
Define the technology products strategy and roadmap
Deliver a product backlog with well-defined and prioritized product features with corresponding justification (the what and the why)
Drive engineering prioritization through leadership and participation in sprint planning and balancing of competing priorities for the engineer team
Lead the development of business cases to allocate required funding and time, with support from Scotia Digital Engineering and Scotia Digital Operations
Develop the core positioning and messaging for the technology product
Organize and lead product demos to users and brief & train the Engagement Managers about the products they manage
Conduct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of your respective area in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
You have previous work experience in customer authentication at large enterprises to deliver business technology solutions (SaaS integration experience to IAM solution (like Auth0/Octa) would be a plus)
You have previous work experience in product development and working with IT and business teams
It’s all in the details! You pay them close attention with an unshakeable focus on results
You love to help others thrive, and work best in a dynamic team-oriented environment
You are eager to share and learn, and realize that there’s still lots to learn
You are naturally enthusiastic and passionate about customer experiences, innovation and delivering software
Keeping your audience top of mind, you’re skilled at communicating information and ideas at the right time and with the right medium
Since we have a large presence in Latin America, with Digital Factories in Peru, Colombia, Chile and Mexico, it would be an asset if you were bilingual in Spanish
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.