Technical Manager of Solution Architect
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Information technology
Employer : National Bank
A career as a technical manager of solution architect on the team responsible of Digital and Core Banking Services at National Bank means working on a digital transformation that will allow you to excel while working closely with the various sectors at National Bank of Canada. In this role, you can have a positive impact on our organization with your expertise in system integration, in Domain Driven Design (DDD), on Mobile solution and Cloud services, on delivering large-scale business solutions or by your strong business acumen and excellent communication and influence skills.
• Solution Design: Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their business needs (functional and non-functional) with the aim of designing quality end-to-end technical solutions that are composable and aligned with business objectives
• Integration Technology Expertise: Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, platforms, and appropriate tools for each project and ensure solutions are scalable, secure and compliant with industry standards
o Integration Pattern: Identify the most appropriate integration patterns, such as APIs, streaming, MSA, containerization/serverless which allow scalability, maintainability and which are decoupled, secure and at lower cost
o Domain Driven Design (DDD): Apply DDD principles to solve complex problems while delivering a composable architecture
• Web and Mobile Technology: Design modular, reusable and interoperable web and mobile solutions for easy integration and rapid creation of omnichannel, responsive and simple experiences
• Cloud expertise: Produce native or hybrid Cloud solutions by identifying the most appropriate AWS services to the project context such as Serverless and/or containers
• Security and Risk Management Expertise: Develop and implement robust security measures to protect data, applications and systems and ensure data security, privacy and regulatory compliance
• Leadership and Customer Engagement: Act as an expert architect for the solution architecture team, ensuring the technical review of architectures while leading and mentoring the team on technical architecture best practices.
• Solution Architect Capacity Management: Work closely with project managers and delivery managers to identify and plan architecture team capacity based on project needs.
• Solution architecture practice: participate in the definition and evolution of pan-bank solution architecture practices, communicate, and ensure the application of these practices within the architecture team
The IT team is made up of more than 2,300 proactive, collaborative experts who work with agility to seize opportunities, stay on the cutting edge of technology, and continuously improve our processes.
You will be part of a team with a mission to design innovative and efficient solutions to enhance our customers' experience. Our team stands out with extensive and in-depth expertise in various technological and business domains, covering aspects related to applications, data, security, and cloud. We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible. For example, we offer a hybrid work environment along with a modular schedule that you can adapt to your needs.
The Bank values ongoing development and internal mobility. Our personalized training programs with on-the-job learning help you become skilled in your role and develop new fields of expertise. Tools such as Udemy, the Data Academy, language training, Harvard Manage Mentor, coaching, and mentoring support are always available.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in information technology, and ten years of relevant experience or master’s degree in information technology, and eight years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience as a solutions architect, focusing on large-scale, complex solutions.
- Solid experience in managing architecture team (5 years)
- In-depth knowledge of software design and development using JEE, Spring Boot, Kafka, React and/or Angular technologies.
- Proficient in AWS cloud services, such as EKS and Serverless, as well as structured and unstructured databases, such as RDS, DynamoDB and S3.
- Mastery of concepts, technologies, and solutions of a modern ecosystem, including Composable architecture, micro-services, APIs, Event Driven Architecture, Web and Mobile solutions, security & Cloud services
- Communication skills (influential and able to convey information in simple terms)
- Positive leadership and able work on a team
- Holding an AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification is an asset.
- Able to communicate effectively in French & English
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic