Technical Lead, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175107
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Technical Lead will have 6+ years of hands-on experience in application design, development, and operations that leverage such technologies as Kafka, Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services, Microservices, Messaging middleware technologies such as JMS, MQ, Cloud technologies - IaaS and PaaS, Jenkins and Grade/Maven. The incumbent should be quick learner and must be adept at trouble-shooting and problem solving in a highly integrated cloud environment. Experience with continuous integration and deployment methodology is must.
The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
It is essential that the incumbent to be proactive, eager to learn, have a 'Can Do' and self-driven attitude, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to succeed.
What will you do?
- Lead, Drive and Mentor Technical teams
- Engage with Product Owner, Architects and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Kafka, Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services and a variety of Microservices.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
- Build and test integration software solutions.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
- Lead and drive technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
- Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
- Provide assistance to Level 3 support in problem triage and resolution.
What do you need to succeed?
- Solid technical experience building and supporting applications using technologies such as Kafka, Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services, No SQL databases and Microservices in cloud
- Install, Configure, Set up and Operate Kafka Clusters (Self Managed) - Brokers, Zookeepers, Kafka Connect, KSQL DB and Confluent Control Center(C3)
- Working Experience in Cloud technologies - IaaS, PaaS and Docker containers
- Knowledge or Proven experience with a cloud provider (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Working knowledge of Confluent Cloud (Fully Managed) – Kafka in Azure and/or GCP
- Understanding of Kafka Single Message Transforms(SMTs), KStreams, KSQLDB, Schema Registry, Kafka producers and consumers
- Configure and Operate Kafka Monitoring and alerting using C3, Dynatrace and Splunk
- Install, configure, set up and operate Docker containers
- Must be familiar with DevOps software engineering culture and practice.
- Deploy pipelines for CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, BitBucket)
- Expertise in Unix Shell, Python and Ansible scripting
- Should possess working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Should possess familiarity with a NoSQL database
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS)
- Knowledge and experience of Disaster Recovery and Failover of applications, platform and services.
- English proficiency. Good communicator- written and oral as the role involves interactions with lot of stakeholders
- Excellent team player with experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, and excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
- Minimal educational requirements are a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.