Technical Lead, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177029
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Technical Lead you will contribute to the overall success of Scotia Digital in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans,initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives by working closely with the Architect and other SMEs. Your role includes delivering of the solution using Java, SpringBoot, Microservices and other leading-edge technologies, maintaining high level of code quality, creating the detailed design documents, and driving the technical discussions.
Is this role right for you?
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Apply your development experience to deliver microservices in cloud (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Mentor and guide team members in technical knowledge with best coding practices.
- Trouble shoot technical issues to identify the root cause of the problem
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have at least 7 years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8.
- You have experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- You have experience in application architecture and API design
- You are proficient in building Microservices
- You have experience with Springboot and Cloud Foundry
- You have experience in developing security systems and analyzing the current systems for vulnerabilities.
- You have experience in version control and build tools, like Git, Bitbucket, Jenkin, Maven
- You have knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, infrastructure, browser side, desktop etc) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things
- You have well rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Work conditions: In-Office/Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.