City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Technical Editor - ( 2300012Z )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in technical writing and editing to join our team and advance their career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Edit technical and non-technical documents in accordance with style guides
- Use document templates for internal and external documents
- Demonstrate document management and document control best practices
- Edit content for various media outputs
- Follow quality assurance measures throughout the editing process
- Collaborate with staff on internal communications
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer and word processing skills
- Ability to tailor editing based on project needs and style guides
- Ability to negotiate content changes with authors
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word
- Ability to assist in the development of processes and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Ability to determine the level of editing a document requires (proofread, substantive, etc.)
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines
- Ability to receive constructive criticism
Education and Experience
- The successful candidate will possess relevant training and/or certification in technical writing, editing, education, communication, or a related field.
- We will consider candidates with related work experience in technical writing and those with experience in instructional design.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1232 EnvSvcs-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 5, 2023, 4:10:55 PM
Req ID: 2300012Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans