Technical Data Analyst Specialist – Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H3Y2
Category : IT Strategy Consultants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175105
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This position belongs to a highly skilled development team that develops and supports various applications in growing Global Regulatory & Controls Technology team. The team is responsible for providing specialized analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for business users within Scotiabank IT group.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering end-to-end technical solutions to support regulatory reporting of Scotia Capital Markets transactions. From initial business requirements, to testing, to production delivery, the incumbent will ensure timely delivery of strategic solutions. The incumbent will work closely with regulatory stakeholders, trading systems, and downstream consumers to design and develop technology solutions while leveraging existing architecture and common components. The incumbent will also function as an application subject matter expert to help guide junior analysts.
Is this role right for you?
- Work within a cross functional Agile team to deliver solutions for various business line of the bank
- Change request delivery – requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing as part of new regulatory initiatives
- Support of advanced issue triage and ad-hoc data analysis and reporting
- Work closely with business users and IT teams from multiple key trading systems in Canada, US, and Asia, in the design and prototyping of business solutions
- Ad hoc inquiries from business stakeholders on G20 Regulatory Reporting logic (CFTC, SEC, CSA, MAS, HKMA, EMIR, UK, etc.), behaviour, and data requests
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-leaner on new technologies and maintain an understanding of the business and technology strategies.
- Ability to look at a problem from both a business and technical angle
- Other projects and initiatives as required
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Experience with data analysis and ETL (SQL, Python, XML, and JSON)
- Knowledge of Capital Market products, front office trading, and back office booking process globally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide timely IT support to the enquiries from regulators in Canada and US to meet critical timelines
- High levels of analytical, conceptual, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent team building skills, working with diverse groups to resolve issues and identify efficiencies.
- Ability to work in a project environment as required, with key deliverables and ensuring requirements of department are represented.
- Strong ability to establish relationships with internal customers, as well as senior management.
- A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math, related discipline or experience
- Exposure to Apache Kafka, Postman, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Airflow, and/or Linux is an asset
- Ability to read and understand Java is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.