Technical Content Manager
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
Do you have the drive to nurture, motivate, and grow teams that cooperate, perform, and deliver? Do you understand and live within the software development process? If yes, we are looking for talented managers who can empower our Technical Content Development and Design teams to deliver a world class customer experience. We expect you to understand the demands for Technical Content delivery in a software context, and to be comfortable switching gears between multiple offerings and technology platforms. Most importantly, we are looking for professionals who can motivate, manage, and grow the performance and satisfaction of our Technical Content teams.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Technical Content Manager to lead, inspire, and manage our global team of technical writers and content creators. The ideal candidate will ensure that our technical content is accurate, engaging, and delivered on time. As the Technical Content Development and Design Manager, you will be responsible for supervising a team of content professionals, driving performance, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve our content objectives. You will help your writers understand the schedule, scope, and impact of releases, and allocate the talents on your team to meet project demands. You’ll establish and communicate the mission and priorities for your team, and advocate relentlessly for technical content within the Automation Software Organization. You’ll create and innovate with your team to delight customers. You will also grow your team members’ skills and develop their talents.
As a Technical Content Manager, you will:
- Represent content in software release planning, requirements, and delivery to deliver a successful content experience for customers.
- Work closely with Product Management, Design, Development, Marketing, Support, Sales, Training, to tell a cohesive product story. Promote the power of Content in the customer experience.
- Work with your content team to help define documentation plans, audience and purpose, project schedules, and priorities. Work on projects that involve worldwide teams.
- Manage resources to match project priorities consistently and continually, and advocate for Content Developers throughout the release cycle.
- Guide content development teams toward data driven improvements that benefit our customers, including analytics and support input, and track trends.
- Manage performance of team members.
- Empower team members by providing optimal tooling, education, and process updates.
- Grow your team by providing and guiding in skill acquisition, stretch projects, mentorship opportunities, and career growth.
- Ensure company policies and processes are consistently followed by team members.
- Promote common tools and efficiencies, looking for synergies or common standards that can be used across teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience creating technical content.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and enable them to deliver on their commitments.
- Success in creating a positive team culture.
- Success in collaborating with stakeholders (including development and product management) to define agreed priorities and communicate the strategy for effective content.
- Proven ability to manage and coach individuals, to deliver regular feedback and conduct appraisals, and to drive performance management when appropriate.
- Proven ability to recruit, onboard, and train new joiners, and to grow the careers of all team members.
- Success leading teams in a dynamic environment across multiple geographies.
- Knowledge of agile and continuous delivery development environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in using technology to create technical content that meets audience requirements.
- Proficient in using Jira, GitHub, AirTable
- Proficient in tracking KPIs and improving SEO
- Proven ability to analyze and derive insights from quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
- Knowledge of writing for globalization and accessibility.
- Experience in applying Design Thinking practices.
- Experience of usability testing or UI content design.
- Interest in and ability to learn how to infuse AI into our content operations.
- Markup languages expert (such as DITA XML, Markdown, HTML) and authoring tools (Oxygen, VSC).
About Business UnitIBM Software infuses core business operations with intelligence—from machine learning to generative AI—to help make organizations more responsive, productive, and resilient. IBM Software helps clients put AI into action now to create real value with trust, speed, and confidence across digital labor, IT automation, application modernization, security, and sustainability. Critical to this is the ability to make use of all data, because AI is only as good as the data that fuels it. In most organizations data is spread across multiple clouds, on premises, in private datacenters, and at the edge. IBM’s AI and data platform scales and accelerates the impact of AI with trusted data, and provides leading capabilities to train, tune and deploy AI across business. IBM’s hybrid cloud platform is one of the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—a flexible foundation for leveraging data, wherever it resides, to extend AI deep into a business.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.