Technical Business Lead Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173194
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Wealth Data team within the Scotiabank Wealth Management technology area is key to meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Wealth Management.
The BSA will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects; the candidate will be a key member identify the data sources and apply transformation logic to meet consumers needs.
Is this role right for you?
- Analyzes & acquires data from primary and secondary data sources – creating mapping specifications for use by ETL development resources
- Document data migration requirements, including source system analysis and source to target
- Documents, plans for collection, data cleansing, and normalization of data
- Recognize common requirements and document re-usable code and procedures to improve the team's efficiency and productivity.
- Work with the development team to handover the detailed data layer mapping for coding
- Evaluation of data identified from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and classification of data in logical categories
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development
- Participate in Sprint planning and estimation efforts to implement the user story
Do you have the skills?
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in technical system analysis.
- Ideally some experience in ETL work with knowledge of ETL tools such as DataStage and Talend
- Highly analytical and good understanding of databases, technical architecture and query tools
- Advanced skills using Excel spreadsheet and VBA
- Experience gathering requirements, system analysis and creating technical specifications
- Ability to effectively convey ideas to business and technical teams
- Experience working in Agile/ Lean delivery teams
- Ability to adapt and quickly adjust to change
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Should be a team player and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Previous experience in Wealth management and/or banking systems highly desirable
What’s in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.