Technical Analyst, Mining Systems
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Leads operational support for the assigned business area
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, and documents programs
- Act as a project leader on less complex projects; plan and estimate work, identify required resources, and proactively manage activities to deliver results within expected plan, schedule, and, budget
- Work independently or in a team environment to perform functional and business analysis in order to design, develop and deploy business solutions
- Assists in the creation and design of solutions to solve complex business problems -- both manual and automated.
- Implement PowerBI analytics solutions to enable visualization of business data to meet customer needs
- Provides updates and identifies training opportunities to keep in sync the functionality of the application and the application training material
- Comply with TDS Standards, policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of the applications
- Provides quality assurance review
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.