Tech Lead Marketing Technology
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers Digital is seeking a Tech Lead for Salesforce Platforms (Marketing and Service Cloud) within our Marketing Technology function to join our high performing team. You will develop amazing experiences that bring our brands to life and solve complex problems for our customers using the latest emerging technologies.
You will be a key player in developing the marketing technology portfolio, from both the strategy and execution perspective across the Rogers brands. You will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from influencing the technical design and technology decisions to working cross-functionally with the business and a team of engineers, while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms contributing to building exceptional digital delivery capability that will modernize marketing execution for our brands.
What You’ll Do
- Drive delivery of high-quality marketing products and features by working with multi-functional leads (product, design, marketing) to define, scope and prioritize upcoming projects
- Technical Lead for Salesforce Platforms (Marketing cloud and Service Cloud) leading architecture and solution design for new features and enhancements to the platform along with ongoing support operations for fixes and bugs
- Provide technical guidance and participate directly in implementation milestones as required (Technical Design Documents, Code Design and Review, QA)
- Collaborate across teams to ensure that the technical requirements align to the portfolio strategy & product roadmaps, to determine priority and sequence of technology delivery
- Translate business needs into technical requirements and propose innovative technical solutions
- Enable business and marketing teams to build E2E marketing campaigns on their own leveraging marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAS, Adobe and CDPs
- Work with product managers and third party to identify best in class digital experiences
- Stay curious and keep current - be the internal champion for trends, best practices, new tools, and innovation in your space
- Intake and organize issues and concerns with automation by working cross-functionally to design creative workarounds, and implement solutions
- Manage external vendor project delivery
What You Need to Succeed
- Expertise with digital marketing platforms product strategy and planning
- Obsession with delivering high quality marketing products to market in a timely manner
- A self-starter who takes ownership and can work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to sell ideas/concepts to various levels of the organization through logical and persuasive arguments
- Curiosity to be resourceful and inventive at tackling complex challenges
- Ability to solicit alternative ideas & perspectives to understand the "why" and not just the "what"
- Expertise in presenting ideas, business rational and trade-off implications to cross functional teams
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holding themselves accountable for performance
- Successful track record of delivering marketing technology solutions on time, on budget and able to deliver results
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with a collaborative mindset and a positive attitude
- Min 5years related work experience delivering marketing automation and marketing technology projects within Salesforce Platforms (Marketing and Service Cloud)
- Architectural design experience in writing functional requirement documents and specifications
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, Google Marketing Platform, SAS and/or CDPs
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Skilled in IT and Product Strategy, Management, System Deployment, MVP and Product builds
- Ability to develop a data model using json based on business requirements that meets the requirements of downstream applications for marketing, analytics, and data science
- Extensive experience in using REST APIs and testing with tools such as post man
- Proficiency with coding languages to extract and analyze data (SQL, SAS, Python)
- Azure / Databricks experience, working with tools and Data in Cloud environment
- Good understanding of the MarTech and AdTech ecosystem
- Proficiency in data visualization and reporting tools (Power BI / Tableau etc.)
- Good Communication skills and exposure to agile methodology (Kanban and scrum)
- Good understanding of dev ops process, git hub, and branching
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation
- Program, Retirement Benefits, and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A leader who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Schedule: Full time