Team Leader, OCS – Reconciliation, Garnishments & Admin
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3K9
Category : Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerk
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 150794
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Transaction approval for Attachment Orders (AO)/Automated funds transfers (AFT/Item & Exception processing (IEP)/Bills Payment/GL through several platforms -
The Team Lead is responsible for managing the distribution of work to, and the validation of work from, a team of subject matter experts supporting the Branch and Alternate Delivery channels in order to ensure timely and accurate processing of exception items. The Team Lead ensures all controls are in place, and maintained in compliance with governing regulations and Bank policies and procedures, while promoting a performance-oriented culture and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Customer Experience – Leadership - Provide direction and support to a team of subject matter experts to ensure they provide best-in-class customer service by:
- Maintaining a high degree of relevant, up-to-date knowledge and understanding of appropriate processes and systems; including completing internal training to retain expertise, and reviewing all News Items, Manual and Job Aid updates, and related publications;
- Acting as an effective and professional resource, providing expert and timely assistance;
- Monitoring support provided by the team and ensuring a consistent, excellent level of service is delivered;
- Ensuring Service Level Agreement commitments are understood by the team and adhered to;
- Prioritizing inbound escalations through a triage system, ensuring items are completed daily, and accurate disposition is recorded for performance and volume tracking purposes;
- Overcoming or working around obstacles that stand in the way of successful completion of difficult assignments and/or escalation of such.
- Operational Effectiveness/Improvement - Foster an environment that promotes quick and flexible support, while mitigating risk by:
- Reviewing incoming work to acquire an awareness of volumes and complexity in order to distribute appropriately;
- Participating in the implementation of new products and system enhancements and ensuring the business continues to run smoothly;
- Confirming the accurate and reliable preparation of reconciliation accounting entries and the timely investigation and resolution of exceptions, authorizing within approved limits;
- Monitoring workflows and recommending changes to maximize the effectiveness of such;
- Trending errors and implementing corrective action by way of group or individual training;
- Thinking about what the business can do differently to make it simpler and more compelling for customers to do business with the Bank and/or encouraging staff to recommend new and better ways to serve our customers;
- Understanding the Business Continuity Plan and contributing to its effective execution;
- Understanding and supporting the direction of the Bank and SSG;
- Pursuing effective and efficient operations of your team, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, the Guidelines for Business Conduct, and Privacy;
- Perform monthly surprise verification for assigned team members, on another team.
- Being accountable for timely follow-up of outstanding items, daily, escalating as required;
- Certifying effective controls are in place to detect procedural errors, exceptional / irregular activity and breakdown in established workflows and processes;
- Create the daily certification of exception voucher (CEV) package, including all items posing risk to the Bank, and provide to management.
- Development – Effectively support an environment of high performance by:
- Ensuring department and position accountabilities, objectives, and goals are understood;
- Participating in ongoing coaching and continuously looking for development opportunities;
- Maintaining open lines of communication with management and team;
- Leading and attending regular huddles and staff meetings for the dissemination of information;
- Fostering an inclusive and safe work environment.
- Relationship Management – Build and maintain relationships with business line partners by:
- Participating as active partners by working with manager in consultations with SSG units, branches, and business lines to resolve issues, remove roadblocks, reduce costs and improve services.
- Providing feedback and recommendations to management;
- Collaborating with management on regular communications with client groups and business line partners to understand new initiatives corporate objectives and strategies.
Education/Work Experience/Designations/Other Information
- Expert listening, oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Expert knowledge of financial entries
- Expert organizational and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of CPA regulations, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/PC operations and systems (e.g. Pega, MS Office Suite, AS400, FFT, IRIS, CWS, and others) knowledge of operating procedures as it relates to financial returns and reporting
- Strong knowledge of branch services, products, and processes and/or RSC or OCS processes
- Strong knowledge of the Bank’s Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions
- Must be flexible in a changing environment
Education & Accreditations:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business, and/or Management an asset
- 3 years of relevant experience
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.