Team Lead, Supply Chain – CMO
City : Halifax
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
TEAM LEADER, SUPPLY CHAIN - CMO
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Team Leader, Supply Chain.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
· Education Required: Post-secondary degree, in business administration, engineering or related discipline required, master’s degree an asset.
· Supply Chain designation an asset, but not a requirement
· 7 years of strategic Supply Chain Management experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
· Experience in people management and team development
· Experience in Category management in Aerospace/Manufacturing/Oil/Defense industries focusing on strategic relationships.
· Experience working with long term multi-million-dollar contracts involving complex risk management and high technology systems.
· Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment an advantage
· Development of strategic processes
· Energy to vigorously explore options in search of realistic solutions.
· Ability to work constructively in a team environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal/organizational skill
· Negotiation and influencing skills.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
· Lead major platform equipment contracting activities to ensure successful performance of contract tasks, to include on time deliverables, within budget, and in accordance with technical requirements.
· Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with subcontractors including solicitation of documentation.
· Negotiation of pricing and terms including flow down of customer requirements and deliverables, with appropriate risk sharing.
· Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and agreed program schedules, agreement, and monitoring of KPI’s.
· Build relationships internally and externally with suppliers, vendors, and customers.
· Seek to enhance support to peer departments, customer, and vendors.
· Coordinates supplier performance reviews
· Ensures data integrity is maintained in all systems.
· Plans, manages, and reports on budgets, schedule, and progress.
· Analysis of quantitative results of KPIs to determine strategic planning.
· Plans for complex reporting requests; prepares information sharing presentations for internal and external meetings.
· Leadership responsibility for scheduled and ad hoc reporting within team.
· Leads a team of direct reports who specialize in one or more areas of Supply Chain workflow.
· Provides leadership that ensures strong performance of group and alignment with ISI standards.
· Develops and continuously improves the capacity and capability of the team.
· Builds strong supplier relationships to support direct reports.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
· A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan.
· Employee & Family Assistance Programs.
· RRSP matching program.
· Health & Wellness reimbursements.
· Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
· Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
· Relocation costs (if applicable).
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.